Author Topic: Chord C 1+8  (Read 1863 times)

Offline DaveD

Chord C 1+8
« on: March 01, 2023, 05:52:05 PM »
I have just returned to my Genos after a break.  Old age is setting in fast. I can't remember how to change the chord C 1+8 back to just a C chord when using single fingered set up.  Need some help.

Thanks,
DaveD

Online overover

Re: Chord C 1+8
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 06:05:02 PM »
Hi Dave,

First press "Direct Access > Sync Start" to quickly open the Fingering settings and make sure that "Single Finger" or (better) "Multi Finger" is set there. (The Fingering can accidentally be changed by Registrations that contain a different Fingering type.)

In addition, go to "Menu > MIDI" and make sure that the preset MIDI template 'All Parts" is set there.

P.S.
If you always use the same Fingering type, you can lock it in "Menu > Utility > Parameter Lock", so that it cannot be changed by Registrations anymore.

Hope this helps!

Best regards
Chris
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 06:18:15 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline DaveD

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 11:07:53 PM »
Hi Chris, thanks for the quick response. Followed your instructions and all is now sorted.

Many thanks for you help.

DaveD

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 07:52:44 AM »
Hi Dave,

First press "Direct Access > Sync Start" to quickly open the Fingering settings and make sure that "Single Finger" or (better) "Multi Finger" is set there. (The Fingering can accidentally be changed by Registrations that contain a different Fingering type.)

In addition, go to "Menu > MIDI" and make sure that the preset MIDI template 'All Parts" is set there.

P.S.
If you always use the same Fingering type, you can lock it in "Menu > Utility > Parameter Lock", so that it cannot be changed by Registrations anymore.

Hope this helps!

Best regards
Chris

Thanks for this Chris... Explains why some of my fully played chords have been sounding wrong.
Really helpful advice, and Parameter lock will be getting set today. Having played full chords pretty well from birth, I don't use AI or other types. I couldn't understand why chords I was playing weren't 'right'. Mystery solved.
Keith
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 08:37:42 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 10:00:05 PM »
Selecting the best fingering mode is not just about full chord playing or not. Even people who play full chords might find some advantage in selecting fingered on bass or AI full keyboard. Depends on what you want.
Mike

Offline andyg

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 12:03:10 PM »
I'd go further.

My advice is simple. Unless you are always using 'single finger chords' (a misnomer as anything other than a major requires two or more fingers) in Multi Finger or Single Finger modes, then switch to AI Fingered mode. It's 'transparent' to all your usual chords, but then allows you to play all the 'slash' or 'on bass' chords, 'rootless' chords like 9ths and 13ths with just three notes, and lots of exotic chords - try Cm9/F! As your playing and chord knowledge progresses, so AI Fingered mode will meet your needs.

From Grade III upwards, all my students will have changed to a keyboard that will last them for as long as they want. Anything from the venerable PSR3000 to a Genos. Most opt for something like a used PSR-S900 or S910. And the first thing I get them to do is switch to AI Fingered as some of their pieces will need it - as well as a volume pedal and registration sequences. I teach them the basics of AI, and then develop it with them.

Jackie Marsden's three articles should be mandatory reading, but remember that AI Fingered mode goes much further than she had space to cover in those articles. I've been asked to write a definitive set of articles. I'll get around to it at some point! :)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 10:25:58 PM »
That's helpful advice Andy. Thank you.
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner