Author Topic: Style into SX900. PRS fil  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Twice

Style into SX900. PRS fil
« on: February 28, 2023, 10:07:53 PM »
Hello I tried to download Genos syle from this site, but all the files is PRS fil. and cannot load into SX900, what I'm I doing wrong.  Sorry for my bad English

Online overover

Re: Style into SX900. PRS fil
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 10:30:46 PM »
Hi Twice,

To view/load Style files you must be in the Style Selection display:

Press any Style Category button or touch the name of the currently loaded Style on the Home display to open the Style Selection display. Then navigate to "User > USB" to view the contents of the connected USB stick. Go to the desired folder and touch the desired Style to load it.

By the way, Style files can have different file extensions, e.g. .prs, .sst, .sty, .fps, .scp, etc. The SX900 is compatible to all available Yamaha style file types.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 10:45:49 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 10:40:07 PM »
Also, be sure the folder you downloaded is not zipped. If it is zipped, you must unzip the folder in order for the keyboard to read the style.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline Twice

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 12:25:45 AM »
Thank for the reply, it’s a prs fil i Tried to load in and i do it like you wrote, but the sx900 wont load the fil in. Do i have to convert Them.

Online overover

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 01:19:44 AM »
Thank for the reply, it’s a prs fil i Tried to load in and i do it like you wrote, but the sx900 wont load the fil in. Do i have to convert Them.

Hi Twice,

No, you do not have to convert. As I wrote, the SX900 can read .prs Style files. "prs" means "Pro Style" and is one of  the most used Yamaha Style types.

If you downloaded the style(s) as a zip file (compressed archive file), did you really unzip the zip file properly on your computer and only copy the unzipped style(s) (or the folder containing the unzipped styles) onto the USB stick?

Do you SEE the style in question in the Style Selection display on the SX900?

Can OTHER styles be loaded there normally? Then the style file in question may be damaged.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:33:59 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)