Author Topic: turning off instrument in the mixing console  (Read 1412 times)

jimbell52

turning off instrument in the mixing console
« on: February 28, 2023, 06:37:21 PM »
Hi  I've copied a factory style to my user bank renames it and  adjust a few  sound and tempo  there are a few instruments that came  with the style In the mixing console I don't want, and need to turn them off  (chd2 + pad + Phr2 ) I've tries  turning them off  and  re-saving the style tries the memory button  but If i reopen the style  they come right back  any help with turning these off just for this  style   thanks Jim   

Offline BogdanH

Re: turning off instrument in the mixing console
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 07:05:03 PM »
You can't turn them off in mixer. But you can set volume of particular voice to zero and then save the style, which will give the same result. The only way to actually turn off particular voice (i.e. Chd2+Pad) is, you delete Chd2+Pad content in style creator.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 07:25:04 PM »
Hi  I've copied a factory style to my user bank renames it and  adjust a few  sound and tempo  there are a few instruments that came  with the style In the mixing console I don't want, and need to turn them off  (chd2 + pad + Phr2 ) I've tries  turning them off  and  re-saving the style tries the memory button  but If i reopen the style  they come right back  any help with turning these off just for this  style   thanks Jim

Hi Jim,

The Channel On/Off status of Styles (made in the CHANNEL ON/OFF popup) can either be stored in Registrations or in the Style. To save the style, however, you have to go to STYLE CREATOR in this case and use the SAVE function THERE. You probably saved the style in the Style Selection display. Here you can only save changed OTS to a style or save a style (e.g. a preset style) unchanged (except for the name).

Alternatively, you could reduce the volume of certain style parts (channels) in the Mixing Console or set it to zero. As described above, you can save these changes either in Registrations or in the Style (STYLE CREATOR > SAVE, as mentioned above), but NOT in the Style Selection display.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:29:50 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

jimbell52

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 08:54:47 PM »
Thanks So Much : )

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 10:41:28 PM »
Thanks So Much : )

You're welcome, Jim! :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)