Author Topic: Robotic voice  (Read 1879 times)

oliver65

Robotic voice
« on: February 27, 2023, 01:27:14 PM »
Hi, I'm looking for a typical robotic voice for my genos. In genos we have more choirs, but no one robotic or synthetic voice.  Does anyknow know where I get a voice (sf2 or another format). I dont having a daw with vst plugins.

Thanks Oliver

Offline pjd

Re: Robotic voice
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 06:55:13 PM »
Perhaps you've already thought of this, but why not use the Genos vocoder with your own voice?

Owner's manual, page 77 and Reference manual, page 122.

Then you can sing anything and not be stuck with phrases that are frozen into samples.

All the best -- pj

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 07:46:05 PM »
Perhaps you've already thought of this, but why not use the Genos vocoder with your own voice?

Owner's manual, page 77 and Reference manual, page 122.

Then you can sing anything and not be stuck with phrases that are frozen into samples.

All the best -- pj

Thank you, pj!

That's exactly what I wanted to write a few hours ago, but I just didn't have the time. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

oliver65

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 01:22:44 PM »
thanks to you, at moment I don't have a microphone, but maybe its worth to buy one.

best regards Oliver

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 01:58:54 PM »
Thanks for your feedback, Oliver!

I advise you not to buy a very cheap microphone because you end up buying twice. I use a Shure Beta 58A for vocals. This is suitable for all areas of use. It has a fresher, more "modern" sound and a much higher output than the good old Shure SM58. In addition, the Beta 58A has a supercardioid characteristic. This means that feedback problems are less common than with normal cardioid microphones such as the SM58.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2023, 07:29:28 PM »
Hi Chaps --

Thanks, Chris. Great minds think alike.  ;D

As to mic, I typically use a Shure SM57. Why? Because no one ever got fired for using an SM57.   :) I also have a pair of Shure PG81 condenser mics (which are probably out of production now).

Oliver, another possibility is to use multi-pads to play robotic voice phrases from audio. I didn't suggest this idea initially because it sounded like you wanted to play a melody/chords using a keyboard voice. There are tons of free robotic voice samples on the Web and that might be a source of musical material. The MusicRadar site has many free sample collections.

Hope these ideas help -- pj
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 07:31:17 PM by pjd »