Author Topic: Video Out Adapter Working ……. Now Need Mouse Support  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Nova227

Video Out Adapter Working ……. Now Need Mouse Support
« on: February 26, 2023, 02:31:06 PM »
Finally found an adapter that worked for video out . Amazon.ca $60.  Model / Brand — Pluggable usb 2 VGA Display Adapter.  I saw this recommendation someplace on the form, thanks to who suggested it.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004D0QC0A?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It would be great if mouse support was added to the touch screen . Not sure if this would be a software update or would require a hardware design change.

Offline Enildo

Re: Video Out Adapter Working ……. Now Need Mouse Support
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 01:44:19 PM »
Hello Everyone!

I hope yamaha puts an HDMI output on the next model. It's quite annoying to pay a few thousand dollars and have to buy an extra adapter for old functions.
I hope that at least the VGA output returns.
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Nova227

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 02:18:40 PM »

With screen mirroring to a monitor in the studio or working on an arrangement would be very ergonomically friendly to have the mouse support Bluetooth or wired.
This would also make the lack of angel adjustment  on the lcd less of an issue .

When playing live there is not much value in mouse support.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 03:43:20 PM »
It would be great if mouse support was added to the touch screen . Not sure if this would be a software update or would require a hardware design change.

Hi Nova227,

The Yamaha Montage synth supports the connection of an external touchscreen display. Unfortunately, Yamaha did not offer this option on Genos, PSR-SX900/700 and PSR-A5000.

I think an external touchscreen and/or mouse support could be implemented without any hardware change through a firmware update in Genos and the PSR models mentioned, as all these instruments are based on Linux and therefore only the necessary drivers would have to be integrated. BUT honestly I don't think Yamaha will change anything here with the existing models.

As mentioned several times in the past, the Yamaha Synth developers and the Genos/PSR developers are two separate teams who obviously don't like to look at each other's cards. Only if these two teams would work together fully in all areas would both product ranges benefit significantly.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Nova227

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 01:55:08 PM »
Thanks very much for this information and background .

Hopefully Yamaha Psr designers monitor this form and give some thought to suggestions.
I think adding a cheap option like this would be very beneficial in the creation of registrations .

Yamaha could do a better job marketing to song writers / composers who don’t realize the power of these keyboards  . I think this a large untapped market for them.

Thanks again
Nova 227

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2023, 02:01:25 PM »
You're welcome, Nova227. Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)