Author Topic: Style file installation  (Read 856 times)

Taters

Style file installation
« on: February 24, 2023, 03:57:28 AM »
Hello everyone. I researched many arranger keyboards (Korg PA and Yamaha psr) and settled on the psr sx900, and not disappointed in my choice. One curious aspect is the filename extension. I downloaded styles from yamaha with the extension .rgt and all work perfectly. When I try to load files with .sty, or .psr, I can see them but they will not load. My question is: is this filename extension something new and as yet members of psrtutorial-dot-com have yet to grapple with? Or is it something else? Cheers

Offline overover

Re: Style file installation
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 06:56:45 AM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Taters!

.rgt files are not Styles, they are Registration Bank files. To view and load .rgt files you must be in the Registration Bank Selection display. To open this, press both "Regist Bank -/+" buttons at the same time. After loading a Registration Bank, you can call up the individual Registrations it contains using Registration Memory buttons 1 - 8.

To view and load Style files you must be in the Style Selection display. To open this, press any Style category button (or, on SX900/700/Genos, touch the name of the currently loaded Style in the Home display) and navigate to the desired drive (e.g. User > USB).

Style files can have different file extensions, e.g.:
    .prs = PerStyle
    .sst = session style
    .fps = Free Play Style
    .scp = DJStyle
    .sty = default style
    .bcs = Basic Style
    .pst = pianist style
    .pcs = piano combo style

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Taters

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 07:48:29 AM »
Awesome reply, explains everything. thank you.  :D

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 10:16:20 AM »
Awesome reply, explains everything. thank you.  :D

You're welcome, Taters! :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)