Author Topic: Bluetooth Chord Tracker  (Read 1900 times)

Offline rphillipchuk

Bluetooth Chord Tracker
« on: February 24, 2023, 01:19:38 AM »
Has anyone used "Bluetooth" to run "Chord Tracker" on the DGX-670 ?

I have an ipad and cannot connect Bluetooth to the 670.... Difficulty Pairing..

Ron
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline AllanM

Re: Bluetooth Chord Tracker
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 05:05:56 AM »
PSR SX900, Korg Kross2 88

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 05:15:32 AM »
AllanM

Please define "OTG setting" ?

Ron
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline AllanM

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 05:55:55 AM »
OTG stands for "on the go" and is to do with enabling your phones' USB hosting function.
On my mid range phone (Oppo A91) the setting is found under 'Additional Settings'.
Needs to be turned on.
Hope this helps.
PSR SX900, Korg Kross2 88

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 06:30:42 AM »
Hi Ron,

"OTG" (USB On-The-Go) is a specification for Android devices only, so it has nothing to do with iPads. For details regarding OTG see here:
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

As described in the thread Allan linked above, a Bluetooth (BT) connection via Yamaha keyboards built-in BT adapter can only be used to transmit the Audio playback (instead of a wired connection to the AUX IN jack of the keyboard in question) so you can listen through the instrument's speakers.

In connection with the Chord Tracker app, however, you primarily need a MIDI connection between the smart device (e.g. iPad) and the keyboard. To establish a USB-MIDI cable connection with the iPad, you need a USB type "AB" cable ("printer cable"). Connect the USB B connector of the cable to the USB-to-HOST terminal of the keyboard. You connect the USB A plug to the iPad using a suitable Apple "Camera Adapter" (Lightning or USB-C plug to USB-A socket, depending on the iPad used).

The various options for establishing a MIDI connection between the iPad and the keyboard can be found in the "iPhone/iPad Connection Manual", which you can download here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/pianos/portable_grand/dgx-670/downloads.html

By the way, I use (with my good old iPad4) an Apple "Lightning to USB3" camera adapter. In addition to the USB-A socket, this also has a Lightning socket, so that the iPad can be connected to the charging cable at the same time.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 05:39:47 PM »
Hi Ron,

By the way, I use (with my good old iPad4) an Apple "Lightning to USB3" camera adapter. In addition to the USB-A socket, this also has a Lightning socket, so that the iPad can be connected to the charging cable at the same time.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris

Please direct me where I can purchase this ......  I have a iPad Air (3rd Generation)

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline BBDGX670

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 07:06:29 PM »
DGX 670, Roland E60, Korg Liverpool
TC Helicon VL3 /Digitech TRIO+
BOSE S1 Pro with T1
IK AxeIOSolo

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 07:11:17 PM »
Thanks Brian

I will be going to best buy

Ron

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline BBDGX670

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2023, 07:23:07 PM »
Great! Enjoy Chord Tracker.  I use the adapter as well with a Roland UNO USB A to midi in/out cable adaptor from either my Roland E60 or Korg Liverpool.
Brian
DGX 670, Roland E60, Korg Liverpool
TC Helicon VL3 /Digitech TRIO+
BOSE S1 Pro with T1
IK AxeIOSolo