Author Topic: voice effect and touch buttons missing on SX900  (Read 767 times)

Offline YammyFan

voice effect and touch buttons missing on SX900
« on: February 23, 2023, 09:45:32 AM »
It was easy to find these on my PSR 970 but they don't seem to be on my SX 900. I especially would like to access the touch button.

Offline overover

Re: voice effect and touch buttons missing on SX900
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 10:20:05 AM »
It was easy to find these on my PSR 970 but they don't seem to be on my SX 900. I especially would like to access the touch button.

Hi YammyFan,

You can assign the desired functions (of the "Voice Effect" panel buttons on earlier keyboards) on the SX900 to Assignable Buttons, e.g. "Initial Touch On/Off" (which turns the Initial Touch setting of each keyboard part on the Keyboard/Joystick display on /off).

See the chapter "Controller Function Settings > Assigning Specific Functions to the Pedals and Panel Buttons (Assignable)" in the SX900 Reference Manual from page 111.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 10:21:21 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline YammyFan

Re: voice effect and touch buttons missing on SX900
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 05:28:23 AM »
Thank , Chris.  After reading your post I read very carefully through the pages you mentioned in the reference manual and then went to owners manual and tried to understand steps to follow, and still couldn't find  a way to trigger the on and off  touch button. I have decided that it is a feature I could live without, as most of the styles I use have touch ON built into them.Thanks, again for your suggestions which will probably be read and be valuable to other members.