Author Topic: Changing Tempo on a Style  (Read 1505 times)

Online rphillipchuk

Changing Tempo on a Style
« on: February 22, 2023, 06:30:20 PM »
It's a small discovery that I have found ( for me a new discovery) to save tempo to style.

I loaded up a style, the tempo was to fast for me so I adjusted to 120. Went to Menu, found Style Creator and saved the file...It worked ! 

Now, how to change the Bass in the Style....???????

Ron
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline pedro_pedroc

Re: Changing Tempo on a Style
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 06:47:30 PM »
Hello,

If you need help on style creator (you can change everything in a style over there), take a look at my tutorials. I have three of them, two in English and one in Portuguese (but all with english subtitles - turn them on):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQBeKyPmxs8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAB2ruTOBWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IZYaH0WSpE

Best regards,
Pedro

Online rphillipchuk

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 06:53:53 PM »
Will do Pedro.....  My goal is to select a style and change the bass voice in the Style Creator.     Doable ?????

Thanks
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 08:20:16 PM »
Hi Ron,

You can exchange the Voices of the individual Style parts in the Mixer:

- On your DGX670, press [MIXER/EQ] button (repeatedly if needed) to select the Style page.

- Make sure the "Volume/Pan" tab is selected.) Use the TAB ◄ ►buttons to select another tab if needed.)

- Make sure the row with the Voice Icons is selected (using the Cursor buttons).

- Press the [1 ▲▼] – [8 ▲▼] buttons to call up the Voice Selection display for the desired Style part. After selecting the desired Voice, press the [EXIT] button to return to the Mixer display.

- If desired, adjust the volumes/panorama of the individual Style parts.

You can now save all changes made to the Style in the Mixer (and also the tempo that may have been changed with the panel buttons) directly in a Registration:

- Press [MEMORY] button and in the appearing display make sure that at least the checkboxes Style, Voice, Keyboard Harmony and Tempo are ticked.

- Press the desired Reg Memory button (e.g. #1) to memorize the current settings on that button.

- Repeat as needed for the other Reg Memory buttons.

- Press the [BANK] button to bring up the Registration Bank Selection display and save the current bank with "File > Save".

Alternatively, you can also save the changes in the Style:

- Open the Style Creator display (Menu > Cursor buttons > Style Creator > Enter).

- If you have changed the tempo here in the Style Creator, now press the [ENTER] button to "Execute" the changes made in the Style Creator below into the Style.

- Press one of the [8 ▲▼] (Save) buttons to save the edited Style in User drive or on the USB stick.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 08:22:56 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online rphillipchuk

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 08:52:35 PM »
Chris

Absolutely BRILLIANT !!!!  Very much appriciated  :) :) :) :)

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 08:54:50 PM »
Chris

Absolutely BRILLIANT !!!!  Very much appriciated  :) :) :) :)

You're welcome Ron! Thanks for your kind feedback. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 11:04:02 AM »
Chris. Yamaha should support you to provide a DGX HOW TO details.
In addition Style part voice changes (Not OTS's)
Most of my style changes can be saved directly to the Style (User Sty)
Without creating a RGT, the benefit the style can be moved so it does not require locking to a RGT.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 11:05:22 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 11:08:00 AM »
Chris. Yamaha should support you to provide a DGX HOW TO details.

:) :)