Author Topic: gig disks for sx700  (Read 1192 times)

Offline FrancoNo1

gig disks for sx700
« on: February 21, 2023, 06:41:35 PM »
Hello, I just bought a new psr sx700. I checked the gig disks listed on this forum but apparently non of them is for sx700.  Question " where I can buy a  gig disk for my sx700?" Thanks

Offline Divemaster

Re: gig disks for sx700
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 10:26:20 PM »
I'm an SX700 owner too and find that many of the gig downloads in the Styles section work just fine.

As far as I'm aware nobody has made any specifically for the SX700, but somebody recently posted some for the Genos, and they work very well too. Look back on some of the most recent posts.
Hope that helps a bit
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: FrancoNo1

Online dlepera

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 10:46:36 PM »
Hello,
   Don't worry if you don't find anything stating specific for SX700.  I too have an SX700 and there is lots of good stuff from a variety of keyboards that work just fine. Anything SX and Genos is a good initial focus area but many of the older models files will surprise you on how well they work on your keyboard.  Just download what you see and enjoy the fantastic stuff that people have put out there for your use.  Yes you will find things that don't work and you will know right away so simply delete them and eventually you will end up with everything that works.

Playing around with them is a good starting point to become intimate with your keyboard and
it's functionality.

The first thing I did two years ago when I got my SX700 was to purchase the STYLE #14 from the ORDER section of this forum.  Had lots of good stuff, well organized and the good thing was that it contributed to the support of this form.  I also recently purchased STYLE #17 which added a little more flare to the previous Style pack.  Then from there I downloaded good Styles from posts that interested me.
   Good luck and enjoy everything you will need for now until you create your own Styles, Registrations, voices and pads to suit your requirements. 

dom
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 10:56:19 PM by dlepera »
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master, FrancoNo1

Offline Pityus

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 09:56:15 AM »
Where can I watch these gig discs? Is there one for the SX900?

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 10:07:52 AM »
If you click on the STYLES tab at the top of the home page, and then scroll down, you will find GIG DISCS that a number of performers have kindly shared with us all.

I have a selection that I have downloaded from there and most of them work pretty well with the SX700

Hammer has some very good ones, but have a good look through them all to see what suits you.

You'll need to download them and unzip them, then put them on a memory stick to use. You'll then find them in your USB1 folder.

Hope that helps you. :)
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: Pityus, FrancoNo1

Offline FrancoNo1

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 11:48:43 AM »
BIG thanks to members who immediately respond to my questions. It's a great forum. I love it!