Author Topic: Tyros Song Style Files for use on Genos  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Technics

Tyros Song Style Files for use on Genos
« on: February 17, 2023, 08:57:21 PM »
I have recently transferred approx 150 Tyros song related styles to my newly acquired Genos. Approx half of them have transferred with both left hand hold and left hand on with volume at full. I want to save these style files but with the left hand settings off. I would like to keep the styles, if possible, as style files and not save as a registration. Is this possible ? Any help would be appreciated.
Regards Mike

Offline overover

Re: Tyros Song Style Files for use on Genos
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 10:02:05 PM »
Hi Technics,

The settings you specify for the Left Part are stored in the OTS (One Touch Settings) of the respective Styles. You can change the OTS to your liking:

- Make sure the OTS LINK button is off (so when you change the Main Variations, the OTS doesn't change as well.

- Load the desired style.

- Press OTS button #1 to load the panel settings saved on it (including Right 1 - 3, Left, Multi Pad).

- Change the panel settings to your liking, e.g. turn off Left Hold and the Left Part.

- Press the Memory button and then press the currently activated OTS button again to memorize the changed panel settings back to this button.

- Press OTS button #2. If you get a message about saving the style, answer NO.

- Change the panel settings again according to your wishes and memorize the changed settings as described above this time back to OTS button #2.

- Repeat the above for OTS buttons #3 and #4.

- Now call up the Style Selection Display (e.g. by touching the Style name in the Home display). Press "File > Save" and re-save the style (in the User drive or on the connected USB stick). If you enter a new/changed filename the source style will remain unchanged, if you don't change the filename the source style will be overwritten (after a corresponding security query).

- Then load the newly saved style. It should now contain the changed OTS.

- Complete! :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 10:08:05 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Technics

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 11:04:02 PM »
Many thanks Chris
It sounds a bit complicated for me but will work at it tomorrow.
Regards Mike

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 11:33:46 PM »
Hi Mike,

In principle, memorizing panel settings to OTS works exactly like memorizing to Registrations. The difference is that for registrations in the "Memory" dialog you can choose which parameter groups should be memorized and which not. These checkboxes have no effect when memorizing OTS (!), i.e. ALL parameters supported by OTS are ALWAYS memorized in the relevant OTS.

Note: Significantly more parameters can be memorized in Registrations than in OTS. For details (which parameters can be saved where) please see the "Parameter Chart" section in the Genos Data List:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: Technics

Offline Technics

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 09:31:48 PM »
Many thanks Chris. All files now correct.
Regards
Mike

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 09:40:31 PM »
Many thanks Chris. All files now correct.
Regards
Mike

You're welcome, Mike.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

Best regards,
Chris