Author Topic: Managing the Favourite Styles Tab  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Nova227

Managing the Favourite Styles Tab
« on: February 17, 2023, 01:56:27 PM »
I have been going through the factory styles on my sx900 and picking the ones that I feel I may use. I have about 50 in the list so far . They appear to be added to the favourite list in the order that I selected them.

My question is …….can I create named sub folders so I can group them in the Favourite  directory ?
When I connect to Music Soft Downloader it does not give access to edit to Favourite styles folder .

If this not possible how do you manage your Factory Favourites ?

Offline Graham UK

Re: Managing the Favourite Styles Tab
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 02:30:38 PM »
My selected Favorite Styles I put on USB in folder 0.FAV's.
Adding the zero puts them to the top of the listing.
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline RONBO

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 06:54:47 PM »
I copied the favourites to a new folder I created called my favourite styles to the user area.

Then they came out alphabetical

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Nova227

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 02:20:54 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts but ….

How do I copy the files in the on board favourites tab to the usb or user area .

I can’t seem to find a screen that allows me to copy on factory  favourites folder that I started . I have looked ion the board  , the iPad app and MusicSoft pc app ?

Any advice ?

Offline Bill

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 04:14:23 PM »
Hi Nova

The favourites folder is NOT Actually a folder as such. If you call up your fav’s you will not see a file path in the bottom LH of the screen.  The keyboard only tags, your selected items.  So if there is no folder the PC or Music Soft Downloader will not see them.

You just need to create your own folder somewhere and copy each Fav. Across.  The files command with copy etc is not available when the fav “Folder” is showing.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Nova227

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 07:50:41 PM »
Thanks Bill for your explanation of what is going on with Style Favourites folder. Things are starting to make sense. 

I have been confused  on number of things since I just moved from the Korg PA 900 to the sx 900. 

Today I just started to read the lesson on this site on Registration and the approach Yamaha uses. It gives a couple interesting approaches to managing favourites styles and other settings.

Jim