Author Topic: Yamaha UD-WL01 USB Wireless LAN Adaptor  (Read 1016 times)

Offline stkeys

Yamaha UD-WL01 USB Wireless LAN Adaptor
« on: March 29, 2023, 06:00:09 PM »
I've been using a Yamaha UD-WL01 USB Wireless LAN Adaptor with a PSR SX900, this keyboard is up for sale as I've just upgraded to a Genos.
I was keeping the Wireless LAN Adapter thinking I needed it for the Genos but it seems I don't need it as the Genos has built in wireless capabilities but before I include it in the sale of the PSR I wanted to make sure.

Am I correct that now I own the Genos I  no longer need the  Yamaha UD-WL01 USB Wireless LAN Adaptor ?

Offline overover

Re: Yamaha UD-WL01 USB Wireless LAN Adaptor
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 07:31:15 PM »
Hi stkeys,

The "UD-WL01" USB Wireless LAN adapter is already installed internally in the Genos (exactly the same adapter, just without the housing). The external adapter is therefore no longer required. As a precaution, however, you should check whether the adapter is actually installed internally, because for certain regions the Genos is delivered WITHOUT an installed Wireless LAN adapter: If the item "Menu > Wireless LAN" is available, the adapter is installed.

By the way, the Wireless LAN adapter can be used to install Expansion Packs, for a wireless AUX IN connection (e.g. to play MP3s from an iPhone/iPad via the keyboard) and for a MIDI connection, e.g. to an iPad. The latter is sufficient for the Home player. However, for public performances I recommend using either a USB-MIDI cable connection to the iPad or a Bluetooth LE wireless MIDI adapter such as CME "WIDI Master" or "WIDI Jack". In my opinion, a MIDI-over-WiFi (= Wireless LAN) connection is too unstable for public performances.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 07:38:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline stkeys

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 08:36:36 PM »
Thanks for your reply Chris. My Genos does have the Wireless LAN available so I can include the USB LAN Adapter in the sale of the PSR-SX900.

Regards,

Steve.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 08:54:25 PM »
You're welcome, Steve!

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)