Author Topic: Yamaha Expansion Manager > To grab data (for SW Midiland Optimizer XI)  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Runner4Fun

I recently started using the Software from Midiland "Optimizer XI" to optimize midi files (of my own recordings) that I created on the Genos.
As far as the internal preset voices and styles are concerned, this is no problem using the Optimizer XI SW (Software).
Since I also use several expansion packs (via Yamaha Expansion Manager [YEM]) also in registration files, the company Midiland refers in its "Help"-information to create yourself that additional text information as a text file (*.TXT), which must be stored then in the (Windows 10) Optmizer-XI program folder with a fixed name.
The structure of this text file should be in 4 columns (separated with tabulator):
Pack-Name
Voice-Name
LSB number ( 0-127 )
PC number ( 1-128 )

Maybe there is someone in our great forum, who already has made a basic structure of this TXT file regarding Genos, which I could use or change.
Or:
Who is able to explain how to extract those data from the YEM on the PC (if possible by batch processing).

I thank you in advance for your help and further information.
Best Regards
Klaus
... with his Genos2

Offline fantomx2019

Re: Yamaha Expansion Manager > To grab data (for SW Midiland Optimizer XI)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 04:57:21 PM »
I use the Style Magic Yamaha , from midilsoft.pl
And the https://mvsoft.weebly.com/yem-ce-version-history.html YEM CE to extract for open packs the msb/lsb/pc list for the IDL Editor (a software that loads the data list of packs in the Style Magic Yamaha.
I use to edit styles, and midi files for my Genos.

Maybe the YEM-CE is usefull for you ...