Author Topic: Switching Registration Lights off on PSR 970  (Read 1043 times)

Offline YammyFan

Switching Registration Lights off on PSR 970
« on: February 11, 2023, 02:38:51 AM »
Sometimes when I am locking in a new registration for  a song I only use the first 4 reg buttons, and I don't want  5, 6 ,7, 8, lit up. Hoping someone can help, please.

Offline overover

Re: Switching Registration Lights off on PSR 970
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 03:48:27 AM »
Hi YammyFan,

Please see page 83 in the S970 Reference Manual or see the attached screenshot ("Editing the Registration Memory").

When you are in the Registration Bank Selection display (called up by the "J" button in the Main display or by pressing the REGIST BANK -/+ buttons simultaneously) press the [7 ▼] (EDIT) button to call up the REGISTRATION EDIT display.

There you can name/rename or delete the individual registrations of the currently loaded bank. If you delete registrations here, the relevant registration buttons will no longer be lit. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 03:49:31 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline andyg

Re: Switching Registration Lights off on PSR 970
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 01:39:47 PM »
That's the way to do it!  :D

You might also like to think about creating a basic registration that contains all your favourite settings - keysplit, volume balances etc. The actual sound and style used doesn't matter, as you're only going to use this as a starting point. Save it into button #1 then save that bank - with just that one registration - as something like 'Vanilla', 'Basic' or my favourite 'AAA Startup' (usually keeps it at the top left on the first screen!)

Start all your registrations from that one setting, so all your usual adjustments etc are there from the word go! That basic registration will usually evolve over time, as you find more things you like to have set and ready. And all subsequent banks you create will only have the number of buttons set up that you actually need.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan