The PSR Tutorial Forum (5 Boards) > Hello Everyone!

The "BEST" Yamaha Forum that Exists

(1/3) > >>

cthiggin:
Hello members,
I am trying to get back to this site daily.
I joined 5 years ago when I purchased a Tyros 5 from Mike Mixon, Keyboard America. The weekly tutorias and on-line tutorials were great as I had played a Hammond 105, so, this digital arranger
was the best bet. (Musically, the best decision I have made to date)
I thoroughly have enjoyed the Tyros up until about 3 years ago when some illness hit, and today I have Small Fiber Neuropathy - the numbness and burning legs, feet, hands, and other
associated side-effects have made it so difficult to play, so, 'it's been Idle almost 3.5 years - Until Now!
Well, . At 75, some of the tricks I have forgotten. Of course, my fingers are numb down to the first joint and burn like the dickens.
SO, even if I can only play "Mary had a Little Lamb", it's an accomplishment. If I don't give it a go, and hope muscle memory will come back, then when it's time to go I will not have to say
"woulda, coulda, shoulda because I have given it my best.

The jest of this post is not to give TMI, but to THANK all of the Administrators and workers behind the scenes, all the top performers, and all the members. It's such a blessing to me!

If any of you kind folks have any information about other folks playing with the numb fingers and have tips, I would be most appreciative.

Blessings to ALL, and good to be back!

Tom

Roger Brenizer:
Hi Tom,

Welcome back to the forum and thank you for the kudos. I will pray that your healing continues through the process of music therapy.

Since you are already familiar with our forum, the remainder of this is basically just a refresher course for you.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there. The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so. You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend, Peter (XeeniX) and maintained by another good friend, Runner4Fun, which presently contains 108,813 song titles in 2,833 indexed books. This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the website’s resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family. If you have any questions, then please just ask. Many of our members are always very willing to help you.

madirv:
Hello Tom,
What a lovely (but sad) story.  Just wanted to offer my sympathies---I have no medical knowledge to offer---(not much keyboard knowledge either ;D ;D )but I do sympathise as my husband has been a really good golfer all his life but developed polymyalgia 5 years ago and gave up golf about 18 months ago.  On a positive note the PMR seems to be finally clearing up and hes started again.  Hopefully the same will happen to you.  I think its probably important to just keep going and do the best you can.
After all there are a lot of people in the world who cant play Mary Had A Little Lamb.  ;D ;D ;D ;D 
Keep going and all good wishes.
Kind regards
Irene

overover:
Welcome back to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Tom!

Many thanks for your kind words. I wish you all the best in terms of health and lots of fun and enjoyment with music and your Tyros5.

Best regards from Germany,
Chris

Toril S:
Keep playing! We are several people on this forum with different health issues and handicaps. Remember, most people cannot play an instrument. You have a gift that many envy. Not all can be great artists, but we can all have a good time making our music. Guess I have to learn Mary Had A Little Lamb now. We do not have that song in Norway😀

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version