Author Topic: Voices in song's channels  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Leonard23

Voices in song's channels
« on: February 09, 2023, 09:44:47 AM »
Hello everybody,

I have a PSR3000 and I have the following problem.

I don't remember which voice and effects I used in a melody that I recorded in one of the song's channels.
Is it possible to play again on the keyboard with this voice and effects (and to know which voice it is and which effects I used) ?

I'm a beginner on the PSR3000 and I don't find the answer in the owner's manual...

Thanks by advance for your help.

Best regards,

Leonard

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Voices in song's channels
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 04:34:10 PM »
Did you record the song in a midi file? If so, and assuming you used an onboard style, you can load the song into the keyboard and the information can be viewed on the keyboard's display using the mixing console.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Leonard23

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 09:38:51 AM »
Hello Gary,

I thank you for your message.  :)

Yes, I recorded the song in a midi file.

You're right, the MIXING CONSOLE (SONG CH1-8) display allows me to see the voice I used (it calls up a VOICE(REVOICE) display) but I don't find how to access the parameters of this voice in the SOUND CREATOR feature.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Leonard

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 05:03:43 PM »
If I recall correctly, at the top of the page you can tab over to the effects tab and see what effects were used for that particular voice. Unfortunately, I no longer have a 3000, and have to rely on what I can do on my S950, but I believe it was the same menu.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Leonard23

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 10:11:57 AM »
Hello Gary,

Thanks for your answer.

By pressing the MIXING CONSOLE button and the TAB button, I can access some of the parameters also proposed in the SOUND CREATOR but not all.

Maybe using the (modified) voice recorded in a channel as current voice is not possible but it is still surprising.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Leonard

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 11:19:23 AM »
Hi Leonard,

Unfortunately, using the (modified) voice recorded in a channel of a MIDI file as current voice in a Keyboard part is not possible.

You could go into Song Creator on the PSR-3000. There, in the tabs "1 - 16" and "SYS/EX." all important Voice parameters can be found.

You could also use the PC (Windows) program "MixMaster": Load the MIDI file in question there, then click on "List View", filter for the desired MIDI channel and, if necessary, filter out all events that should not be displayed. This way you could also see the Voice parameters used (similar to the one described above for the Song Creator).

Another option would be to play the MIDI file in a DAW or with a MIDI file player like "vanBasco" on the computer and control a Keyboard part of the PSR-3000 via USB-MIDI with the data of one specific channel of the MIDI file. For this purpose, a user-defined MIDI template would have to be created in order to control the relevant keyboard part (e.g. Right 1) via the Receive Port USB2. The Voice settings of the relevant MIDI file Channel would be transferred to this keyboard part in this way.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Leonard23

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 04:18:25 PM »
Hello Chris,

I thank you for your reply.  :)

You're right, voice parameters can be found in the Song Creator and by using the great program "MixMaster" .
I was looking for the simplest direct way to find them. Now I know that it's not possible. Thanks a lot for this information.

The last option you described is not clear for me and I don't see how to proceed exactly. If you have any reference on this point, I'm interested.

I thank you a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Leonard