Author Topic: STYLE Files  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Carlos Martinez

STYLE Files
« on: February 08, 2023, 10:55:04 PM »
Hello everyone, I am wondering if STYLE files downloaded from this site with an STY suffix can be imported into the PSR SX 900 permanently.  If so, where can I find instructions.  Many thanks.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: STYLE Files
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 10:56:23 PM »
Hello everyone, I am wondering if STYLE files downloaded from this site with an STY suffix can be imported into the PSR SX 900 permanently.  If so, where can I find instructions.  Many thanks.

Certainly. Just copy them.

After you tap on the Style window, a Files menu appears. Copy is in that menu.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 12:26:34 AM »

Hi Carlos,

You cannot change the Preset contents (e.g. Preset Styles) of the keyboard. But of course you can copy external styles (aka user styles) from the computer to a USB stick and then from there (as Fred already mentioned) to the internal User drive of the SX900. You can also create folders/subfolders there. It is important that you are in STYLE mode. (Touch the Style section in the Home display first or press any Style Category button to open the Style Selection display and touch the File icon.)

Alternatively, you can also manage all your user files on the USB stick, e.g. load/play styles directly from the stick. I recommend the latter, partly because you can then very easily create backups of your USB sticks (just copy the content of a USB stick to the computer"s hard drive and/or to another stick).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Carlos Martinez

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 04:10:40 PM »
Thank you very much.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 05:05:59 PM »
You're welcome, Carlos!

If you have further questions on this topic, just get in touch here again. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)