Author Topic: DGX-670 How Do We keep...Left Voice ON When Switcghing Variations  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Graham UK

DGX-670 How Do We keep...Left Voice ON When Switching Variations.
Without using registrations ?

Loading Styles and switching Left Voice on...Each Variation switches off Left Voice. Can't find a setting for Left voice to stay on.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 04:20:35 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline jwyvern

Re: DGX-670 How Do We keep...Left Voice ON When Switcghing Variations
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 01:13:27 PM »
Hi Graham,
Try turning Freeze on (with Style Freeze selected). That should avoid the instruction to turn off Left (since it is part of the Style Group of parameters) from being sent. It works (eg. on Genos and Tyros) with styles and OTS and does not need registrations to work.
John
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 01:24:22 PM by jwyvern »

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Online overover

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 01:51:10 PM »
DGX-670 How Do We keep...Left Voice ON When Switcghing Variations.
Without using registrations ?

Loading Styles and switching Left Voice on...Each Variation switches of Left Voice. Can't find a setting for Left voice to stay on.

Hi Graham,

You are probably playing with the OTS LINK function switched ON. This means that when you change the Main Variation, the corresponding OTS is also loaded and the Left Voice is switched OFF if the Left Part is saved in the relevant OTS with the status OFF.

If I remember correctly, you can't directly edit the OTS of the styles on the DGX-670 (mainly because there are no dedicated OTS buttons).

Have you tried turning off OTS LINK? Then the Left Part should stay on.

To change the keyboard voices I would work with Registrations (and OTS LINK switched OFF). You can program these on the DGX-670 according to your wishes.

By the way, in order to create a Voice Registration that changes the LEFT Voice in addition to the Right Voices and changes the ON/OFF status of the Left Part, but NOT the currently loaded STYLE, you would have to work with the often-mentioned trick: Memorize a specific Style (e.g. from the USB stick) in the Registration, which can later no longer be found by the Registration (because the style was either deleted again or the USB stick with the "dummy style" was removed).

The method John mentioned (to Freeze the STYLE) should also work (if you don't want to work with Registrations for some reason).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 02:03:11 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 05:46:20 PM »
Your replies appreciated...John & Chris.
I have always played with Left Voice on, Usually Piano Pad or Strings.
FREEZE is not an option I ever think of but will try it.
(More Button Pushing)

The main way I use RGTs... I have my Favorite Edited Voices saved in Banks of RGTs, which gives the option of loading any style with these RGT voices.

Over a year now with the DGX670 and I'm liking it more everyday, good quality voice samples on a very nice to play Key-Bed.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 08:23:18 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Online overover

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 06:24:57 PM »
Your replies appreciated...
I have always played with Left Voice on, Usually Piano Pad or Strings.
FREEZE is not an option I ever think of but will try it.
(More Button Pushing)

The main way I use RGTs... I have my Favorite Edited Voices saved in Banks of RGTs, which gives the option of loading any style with these RGT voices.

Over a year now with the DGX670 and I'm liking it more everyday, good quality voice samples on a very nice to play Key-Bed.

Hi Graham,

Unfortunately, Yamaha has not only left out the four OTS buttons on the DGX-670, but also the FREEZE button, so that this function can only be switched on and off in the Freeze setting display. :(

Apparently (according to the "Direct Access Chart" in the DGX-670 Data List) you cannot call up the Freeze display directly even with Direct Access. But as I wrote somewhere before, you can use Direct Access + BANK or MEMORY button to quickly call up the Registration Sequence display and then go from there to the "Freeze" tab.

By the way, if you always call up the Styles directly anyway (i.e. not via Registrations), you could leave FREEZE (with only STYLE box ticked) switched on permanently (because Freeze only works for Registrations, OTS and MIDI files).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 09:32:33 PM »
By the way, if you always call up the Styles directly anyway (i.e. not via Registrations), you could leave FREEZE (with only STYLE box ticked) switched on permanently (because Freeze only works for Registrations, OTS and MIDI files).

Chris. Good reply...That sounds like the solution I want.
First thought was will the FREEZE stop me changing styles, but having tried it works fine.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:35:03 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670