Author Topic: New idea for psr SX700  (Read 1826 times)

New idea for psr SX700
« on: February 08, 2023, 07:18:41 AM »
Hi everyone I know the sx900 already has chord looper and the genos got it via firmware update. I was wondering if Yamaha could release a firmware update to add that feature to the sx700

Offline Robert van Weersch

Re: New idea for psr SX700
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 08:08:19 AM »
They could. But would they? That is something only Yamaha knows.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 09:30:31 AM »
They could. But would they? That is something only Yamaha knows.
Right. And Since The Genos got that feature via firmware Update that already shows Like I said the SX700 Can Get that feature too. Since it has the same os as the sx900 ans genos. I know the SX-900 has buttons for the Chord Looper and it would make the sx700 players rely on the touch screen which i see no problem at all and the genos alreasy relyes on the touch screen. anyway. But I relly Hope Yamaha Does that. And I also Submitted the idea to them too.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 09:47:36 AM »
I don't believe that Yamaha are - or have ever been - very interested in adding significant new features to the arranger lines via firmware updates.

The fact that they did it for Genos - once - was a big surprise.

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 06:21:50 PM »

With mid-range products like the SX700, Yamaha is more likely to add a feature and issue it as part of a new model, e.g., SX710, if such a thing exists.

There is no real profit motive to implement and issue a feature upgrade to a low- or mid-range product. I don't think we've ever seen a "marketing emergency" where Yamaha are losing gobs of sales to a competing product because of some specific feature.  :)

Yamaha just doesn't roll that way. Updates for low- and mid-range products usually fix bugs. The situation for Genos shifted because customers have bigger expectations for expensive, premium-level products -- and are willing to pay for it. Until Genos, Yamaha didn't offer feature updates to Tyros either. Yamaha changed its ways when its competitors offered more extensive updates.

-- pj

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 07:49:37 PM »
Good luck waiting, that will cannibalize SX900 sales.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 09:24:48 PM »
Good thoughts everyine I agree too. But yeah it is up to Yamaha if they want to release a firmware or not. that will add Chord Looper to rhe sx700

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 08:27:04 AM »
Simple really. You want more features, you pay more money. Buy the SX900

I can't see Yamaha giving those extra features away for no return.
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 04:03:00 AM »
Well you neverknow. Yamaha can do whatwvwe they want. ad if they decide to add chord looper to the sx700 via firmware then thay could.

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2023, 07:50:59 AM »
Good morning,
I think for the price, you could also ask YAMAHA to add the seat, the support, a pedal, the sound system, the arpeggiator,the carrying case, a protective cover.....
Santa Claus is in 10 months, there is still time to place an order :P :P :P
Good day
Christian
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 08:33:12 AM by colas musique »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2023, 11:49:44 PM »
As the old saying goes you gets what you pay for. If you want this and other features you need to buy the SX900. The choice is there.

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master, Pityus

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2023, 02:33:22 AM »
Don't pay for a keyboard that costs 2,299 .99 dollars and still have the old Sweet Voices like the Sweet Soprano sax and the Sweet Harmonica (Those voices are coming from a 90s PSR keyboard) because for much less money you can get a better sound with vst instruments and a computer.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 02:35:04 AM by rodrigo.b »

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2023, 02:55:31 PM »
Don't pay for a keyboard that costs 2,299 .99 dollars and still have the old Sweet Voices like the Sweet Soprano sax and the Sweet Harmonica (Those voices are coming from a 90s PSR keyboard) because for much less money you can get a better sound with vst instruments and a computer.

the only issue with this is to pray the computer stays stable throughout the gig. Nothing says disappointment when the PC suddenly locks up and you have to reboot mid performance. SX900 has more than just Cool, Sweet and Live voices, you know. Actually the cost of having a decent i7 or Ryzen 7 laptop and all the VST's (we are buying them right? ;) ) adds up to an SX level keyboard or even a used MOTIF/MONTAGE.