Author Topic: Evidence of bad keybed on Korg Pa5X 88  (Read 6858 times)

Re: Evidence of bad keybed on Korg Pa5X 88
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2023, 03:40:20 AM »

There was definitely a difference compared to the ES920 though. I can only describe it as some type of additional mechanical "knock"  once a key hits the bottom of the keybed.

Hi , could you have been hearing the hammer noise or the fallback noise? or was it definitely mechanical. Es920 has noises that get added , (I suppose for realism.)  If they’re the noise you’re hearing , they’re adjustable. 
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2023, 09:46:06 AM »
Hey Rikki :

Thank you so much for your reply. :)
Let us hope Korg are able to fix all problems.

Best wishes, JH

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2023, 01:37:49 PM »
Hi , could you have been hearing the hammer noise or the fallback noise? or was it definitely mechanical. Es920 has noises that get added , (I suppose for realism.)  If they’re the noise you’re hearing , they’re adjustable.

Some suppliers seem to like the idea of adding noises to Keybeds. Ironically on the PA5 the Austrian Grand piano is layered by default with a "Voice" called Austrian Grand RX which if turned up can change the 76 silent keybed into a "noisy 88" (plus damper pedal noises). OTOH if the keybed is already an 88 it may be redundant!
John

Offline DerekA

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2023, 02:45:33 PM »
Did you watch the video the OP posted?

That's not meant to happen, I'm 100% sure ....
Genos

Offline ton37

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2023, 03:03:59 PM »
Some suppliers seem to like the idea of adding noises to Keybeds. Ironically on the PA5 the Austrian Grand piano is layered by default with a "Voice" called Austrian Grand RX which if turned up can change the 76 silent keybed into a "noisy 88" (plus damper pedal noises). OTOH if the keybed is already an 88 it may be redundant!
John
Oh boy, so the waiting is: new keyboards with broken  and smoky yellow keys, cracking wood and are named: Korg Vintage Special Edition.  🤔😃
My best regards,
Ton

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2023, 09:27:51 PM »
John
Not a fan of those clicks and thumps , I turned them down on the es920,  I normally switch the rx Austrian voice off, prefer without, again can be turned down.

I don’t have to thump my PA5x piano keys so that I can hear melody voices over the styles backing, I just use the setting that turns the style backing down by a nice even percentage. Unfortunately some owners haven’t found it,  it’s a new setting so unfortunately  many not aware of it. Found something similar on sx900😀. I’m careful with my sx900 also, been reports of faulty keybeds,  mines fine, but I rarely use it, I used my es920 as controller, now my PA5x

Anybody remember Clacky Keys post
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55343.msg441941.html#msg441941
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 10:09:08 PM by rikkisbears »
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

tyrosman

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2023, 09:55:21 PM »
I appreciate constructive criticism or opinion, where I expect it to be supported by some evidence (either from personal experience or from elsewhere). That way we can learn something and hopefully make better decisions.
But I don't see that in these posts, where the only intention is, to bash a product/brand -which is kinda immature.

Bogdan
ive heard it and Played it and didnt like it >:(