Author Topic: PSR E373 or PRS E413  (Read 1363 times)

Mel Keane

PSR E373 or PRS E413
« on: February 06, 2023, 03:52:42 AM »
Hello Everyone,
Thank you for accepting me!  My 13year old son is begging me to start keyboard lessons. I have an option of purchasing a secondhand E373 or E413 and I don’t know the difference or which one is best?
Background: my son has 5 years Saxophone playing and is quite accomplished, he writes his own saxophone music in his spare time. He also has 2 years bass guitar experience, so he can read treble and bass sheet music.
He now wants to learn keyboard too. Mostly because he wants to experiment with writing his own music. He has a modern computer and wants to be able to send recordings from the keyboard to his computer and add bass and saxophone parts etc.
I would love to hear from anyone who can advise which if either of these two models would be suitable?  Any differences between them.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks Mel

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: PSR E373 or PRS E413
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 04:09:09 AM »
Hi Mel,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member. I’m sure you'll get a lot of responses to your questions if you post in the appropriate forum boards.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there. The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so. You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend, Peter (XeeniX) and maintained by another good friend, Runner4Fun, which presently contains 108,813 song titles in 2,833 indexed books. This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the website’s resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family. If you have any questions, then please just ask. Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

Mel Keane

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 04:18:25 AM »
Thank you!  :)

Offline JerCaz

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 10:19:16 AM »
Hi !
I welcome you to the forum.
To begin with, English is not my mother tongue, please forgive me if I make some syntax errors ;)
I owned a PSR-E413 for some time 6 years ago. This "low-end" keyboard is good for a complete beginner, to make sure that playing the keyboard will interest him. It has some good quality sounds, well-made styles... The keys are normal size, which is nice when you want to switch to another model.
But if playing the arranger keyboard pleases your son, very quickly, he will feel cramped (same for the E373): the keyboard itself is "plastic", bordering on a toy.
If you have the opportunity to have a more elaborate model (not necessarily talking about the PSR-S600, S700 and S900), but at least a PSR-670, 770, 970, etc..., the musical game will be much more pleasant.
To sum up, the PSR-E413 (which I know better than the E373) is a good little "low-end" keyboard for beginners, and has the advantage of being really cheap (in France, around 100 to 130 euros ). But you quickly reach your limits when you want to evolve in the practice of the arranger keyboard.
Hoping to have helped you a little
Jérôme,
Yamaha Tyros 5/76