Author Topic: CPF CPI  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Ken Stenzel

CPF CPI
« on: February 01, 2023, 01:48:47 PM »
I downloaded a Celtic expansion file. It is a cpf file..not a cpi. When I load im tols I have to install with full installer. What does this mean and how do I do it? Or should I convert cpf to cpi? and if so how?
  thank you
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline Stijn

Re: CPF CPI
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 02:16:08 PM »
A CPF file needs to be imported in YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager).

YEM will convert that pack (together with other installed packs) into a CPI file that is then used to install the pack in the Expansion memory of the keyboard.

Stijn

I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 04:28:29 PM »
I downloaded a Celtic expansion file. It is a cpf file..not a cpi. When I load im tols I have to install with full installer. What does this mean and how do I do it? Or should I convert cpf to cpi? and if so how?
  thank you

Hi Ken,

After importing the Celtic Pack .cpf file into the Expansion Manager (YEM) with "My Packs > Import Pack", make sure that the icons of all the packs you want on the Genos have a light green tick (not dark green or gray).

Then click the "Save as Pack Install File" button. Caution: In the save dialog window that now appears, the file type "Pack Quick Install file .cqi" is usually set first. Please click on it and select "Pack Install file .cpi" from the appearing drop-down list. Now navigate to the connected USB stick and save the .cpi file there. Then connect the USB stick to the Genos and start "Pack Installation" there.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 04:31:50 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Ken Stenzel

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 01:32:57 PM »
Ah...that was it. Thank you so much!
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 01:59:37 PM »
Ah...that was it. Thank you so much!

You're welcome. Ken! :)

I'm glad to could help you.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)