Author Topic: Hawaiian Voice  (Read 1721 times)

apevel@gmxa.de

Hawaiian Voice
« on: February 01, 2023, 10:20:43 AM »
Hello, I am new here and looking forward to many interesting topics.
I unfortunately have to use a translation software.
I'll start with a question. I bought the PSR E473 and am excited about what this keyboard has to offer for relatively little money.
I am an avid fan of the Hawaiian guitar. Style 214 also has a Hawaiian style with a good intro. Unfortunately there is no Hawaiian guitar in the Voice there is no Hawaiian guitar but a string ☹.
Is there a possibility to import a Hawaiian guitar by style or whatever? The guitar voices in the 473 are unfortunately all not suitable.
Thanks in advance.

A greeting from Germany

Offline BogdanH

Re: Hawaiian Voice
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 11:18:01 AM »
Welcome to PSR forum
A style can only use voices which are present in keyboard and as far I know, you can not load additional voices into E473.
You can find all available voices in PSR-E473 Data List.
Keep in mind, that the guitar voice doesn't necessary need to have "hawaii" in name. Try to find a guitar that sounds similar enough and then see if you can edit the voice to get desired sound (see Reference Manual).

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 07:22:57 PM »
Your keyboard does not have a Pedal Steel Guitar of any kind that you could use.

The "Hawaiian" style that you do have on your keyboard, What are the VOICES that are used in the style's CHD1, CHD2, PAD, PHR1 and PHR2?

Look at style's MAINS A,B,C and D for the voices that are used.

Post their names here in this thread. Also what One Touch Setting voices are set up in the style, maybe I can figure out what Yamaha was thinking.

Regards
Drake

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 10:23:29 PM »
Drake, I don't think it's possible to see that on the E series. There are only A and B variations, one OTS, and it does not tell the voice names used. There's no equivalent of the mixer screen.
Genos

Offline SciNote

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 02:48:59 AM »
While there was no style voice display/change options on previous PSR-E series keyboards, I do believe that one of the E473's upgrades is that a style can be revoiced -- however, it cannot be saved back as a style with the new voicing -- you'd just have to saved your newly revoiced style in a registration.  But since I believe that revoicing is possible, then seeing what voices are being used for the different style parts should also be possible.

Checking the OTS setting for any Hawaiian style is a great idea -- that can help determine what voices Yamaha believes are "Hawaiian."

And yes, the E473 allows for wide range of editing of sounds such as filter, envelope, reverb, chorusing, and DSP, so that even if a Hawaiian guitar is not directly available, it is likely possible to synthesize it and then save the new sound as a registration.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 04:01:43 AM »
Well, my best guess would to be the "Jazz Guitar" that comes with the keyboard.

Add some additional reverb if you can and you should sound just fine. If your keyboard has a Harmony button add that as well and bend the notes if you have a pitch wheel.  8)

Regards
Drake

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 09:24:31 AM »
While there was no style voice display/change options on previous PSR-E series keyboards, I do believe that one of the E473's upgrades is that a style can be revoiced

Yes I see from the E473 reference manual that you're right - this is a nice feature they have introduced.
Genos

apevel@gmxa.de

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 03:47:50 PM »
Thank you for your tips.
The 473 does not have 4 variations of the Mains. I can't understand Yamaha putting in such a fantastic style (214) and then adding as m
Voice Strings.
I am however grateful for any weietren hint.
I will continue to test.

Thanks

Offline Hans Klingels

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2023, 06:56:57 PM »
Dear all,
I am new here in this tutorial and also have an E473.

I followed this string about Hawaiian Voice because I am also looking for this voices.

And consequently I am very interested to know, if somebody has find a solution how to get the Hawaiian Voice onto his E473.

Please advise how to transfer it into the E473 or even how to modulate it myself.

Many thanks in advance
Hans

Offline andyg

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2023, 09:49:38 PM »
The E473 does not have a Hawaiian Guitar Voice or a Pedal Steel Guitar Voice. It is not possible to add voices to an E473.

You will have to experiment using some of the other Guitar sounds in the Main Panel Voice section and also in the XG Voice section, and use Pitch Bend to get the slide effects.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com