Author Topic: Songbook+  (Read 1826 times)

Offline rphillipchuk

Songbook+
« on: February 01, 2023, 04:38:40 AM »
Hi

Is anyone using "Songbook+" with the "DGX-670" ?

Ron
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline Toplayer2

Re: Songbook+
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 05:42:08 PM »
Yes, but only to play backing tracks using the bluetooth connection.  BTW, I love, love, love the DGX-670. Best digital piano sound ever. Other voices compare well to Genos (former owner).

Joe
Yamaha Genos  |  Young Chang G-185 Grand  |  Hauptwerk / Paramount  |  Band-In-A-Box Audiophile Edition

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 05:43:21 PM »
Hi Joe

I envy the Genos Owners who have all the resources to take advantage of the Registrations..... I am getting nowhere with Songbook+ as far as Registrations goes. No problem with the rest of Songbook+ .

Can you tell me what you have done to get as far as you did ?  I don't use Bluetooth. I connect with cable ( Successfully )

Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 05:52:24 PM »
Hi Joe

I envy the Genos Owners who have all the resources to take advantage of the Registrations..... I am getting nowhere with Songbook+ as far as Registrations goes. No problem with the rest of Songbook+ .

Can you tell me what you have done to get as far as you did ?  I don't use Bluetooth. I connect with cable ( Successfully )

Although I gave a Genos, I still do things the old-fashioned way: with midi files. I also had no problem connecting with a cable.

Try explaining your problem. There’s always someone here who can help.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 06:21:56 PM »
Thanks Fred for the swift response..

I have downloaded the Genos and Tyros Manuals from Baum.  I look at screenshots in the manual and I cannot find them in the iPad. I do not know where to start or look. The only thing that I know, is that there is communication between the ipad and the keyboard.

and that is as far as I can get with the Registrations. I cannot see any tabs or anything about registrations.

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 07:33:45 PM »
Hi

Is anyone using "Songbook+" with the "DGX-670" ?

Ron

Hi Ron,

Unfortunately, I don't currently know whether the DGX-670 supports the SysEx method known from Genos and PSR-SX for linking registrations with Songbook+ or not. However, you can find out for yourself relatively easily:

On the DGX-670, go to the MIDI Setting display (Menu > MIDI) and make sure that the preset MIDI template "All Parts" is set. This automatically ensures that Transmit (Tx) and Receive (Rx) of SysEx messages are switched on.

Connect the DGX-670's USB-to-Host terminal to your iPad using a USB type "AB" cable and a suitable Apple Camera Adapter. For iPads with a "Lightning" connector, I recommend the Apple "Lightning to USB3" Camera Adapter. In addition to the USB A socket, this also has a Lightning socket for connecting the charging cable at the same time.

In Songbook+, first go to "Settings" (Gear icon) > "MIDI". There you set "Easy Keyboard Control" > "YAMAHA Genos + PSR-SX900/700 Registrations (with link)", or similar.

Call up a Registration Bank on the DGX-670 and activate the first Registration (#1 button).

In Songbook+ load the desired "song" so that the relevant PDF is displayed. Now touch the "three dots" icon (•••) in the status bar and select "Yamaha Keyboard Link > Now link the song" in the menu that appears.

If this function is also supported by the DGX-670, the associated "song" (and thus the PDF in question) should now be called up when calling up the relevant Registration on the keyboard and vice versa. In order to be able to test this properly, you should first link at least two registrations (from different banks) with the corresponding Songbook+ "songs". ;)

By the way, if you don't want to use a USB cable (as recommended), you CANNOT work with the DGX-670's built-in Bluetooth, as this cannot be used for MIDI transmission. So you would need to use either a Bluetooth-MIDI adapter connected to the USB-to-Host terminal (e.g. Yamaha UD-BT01) or a USB Wireless LAN adapter (Yamaha UD-WL01)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 07:51:42 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 01:41:13 AM »
Thanks to all who are helping me...

After help from Chris, Fred and Baum Software, I am getting closer to achieving my goal.....

I do not know why ( maybe old age ) but I am having a heck of a time trying to understand the Manual which has totally confused me....  The Support at Baum Software has given me some hope and direction but the bottom line is that Baum told me to "RTFM" ( I told them that I had difficulty understanding the manual ).  That is not very good support as far as I am concerned !!!! 

When it all makes sense to me and I have succeeded, I will explain explain how I did it......

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com