Author Topic: Accessing new saved registrations in user file?  (Read 1281 times)

Offline chiliguy23

Accessing new saved registrations in user file?
« on: January 31, 2023, 10:39:04 PM »
Hi folks Just got the hang of saving registrations,I saved and named 7 tunes in user but how to do directly select them to play?I see the list but pressing the song registration does not change my main screen? Tried reading both owner manual and reference manual but I can't seem to get it.  Any help is appreciated.Thanks-Al   

Offline EileenL

Re: Accessing new saved registrations in user file?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 11:32:30 PM »
You say you have saved a registration so it is this you must load and not a song.

Offline chiliguy23

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 12:09:26 AM »
Hi Eileen, I am very bad at computer stuff. I saved and named 8 main screens or as you say registrations with my song titles, how do I call them up and select them and use them? Sorry i must sound totally incompetent I just got the PSRSX900 a few days ago and am trying to get all my songs in the keyboard. I am used to my Tyros 5 and it is very different set up. On the Tyros the registrations were in banks and were on the screen with buttons on the side thats how you selected songs. With the SX900 I am lost. How do i trigger each song registration? Thanks for any help you can give me.-Regards Al 

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 02:53:20 AM »
Hi Al,

In contrast to the Tyros5, the SX900 has a touch display. Just touch with your finger on what you want to call up. :)

The Registration Bank Selection display is called up on the SX900 by touching the "Regist" area (upper left corner) in the Home display. It will either show "New Bank" and something like "1:New Regist" or the name of the currently loaded Bank and, if you assigned it before, the name of the currently activated Registration (button #1 - 8. Alternatively, you can open the Registration Bank Selection display, just like on the Tyros5, by pressing the REGIST BANK [-⁣] and [+⁣] buttons simultaneously.

Then, if necessary, touch on "User" > "User" or "USB", depending on where the desired Registration Bank files are stored. Then, if necessary, touch the desired Folder, and finally touch the desired Registration Bank file to load the Bank. Finally press the desired Registration button (#1 - 8⁣) to load the Registration in question (just like on the Tyros5).

Please also refer to page 88/89 of the SX900 Owner's Manual (especially "Saving the Registration Memory as a Bank file", "Recalling a Registered Panel Setup from a Bank file" and "Editing a Registration Memory Bank").

I also recommend that you read the chapter "Basic Operations > File Management" in the Owner's Manual from page 33 again at your leisure.

By the way, instead of calling Registrations directly (as just described), you can also include the desired Registration Banks in Playlists. By touching the desired Playlist record (usually the name of the song to be played), the linked Registration Bank is loaded and the assigned Registration button is activated directly. You can also specify that the Lyrics Viewer or Text Viewer display should also be opened directly, if desired. Important information about the Playlist function can be found in the Owner's Manual from page 90.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 03:54:43 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: chiliguy23

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 03:33:05 AM »
Watch my registration videos. Link in my signature.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 12:09:11 PM »
Hi Al,
  Most will trigger a registration by pressing one of the registration buttons 1-8. I name my reg buttons with the voices they contain and did sometimes use the page on the Tyros 5 you are speaking about. You can still see what you have saved into your reg buttons by loading in the registration and then at the top of the page on the right select Menu the press Regist bank info. You will now see the names you gave each button and by touching them can change them to what you want. Unfortunately they are a little on the small side but it can be done.

Offline Bill

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 12:58:09 PM »
Hi Eileen, I am very bad at computer stuff.
I am used to my Tyros 5 and it is very different set up. On the Tyros the registrations were in banks and were on the screen with buttons on the side thats how you selected songs. With the SX900 I am lost. How do i trigger each song registration? Thanks for any help you can give me.-Regards Al

Hi Chiliguy

When you see the registrations on the screen none of them is shown highlighted.
Simply touch the name of the registration you want to load. It will then become highlighted.
Now push one of the registration buttons on the keyboard to select the one you want.
Make sure synch start is also pushed - then when you play a chord with the L/H the style will start to play.

For those that have never used a touch screen before it can seem a bit daunting.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2