Author Topic: Roland FP-E50  (Read 1232 times)

Offline mixermixer

Roland FP-E50
« on: January 31, 2023, 02:28:29 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzWi3F1Pnw

I know it's not Yamaha but looks like squarely taking on previous DGX series cues. This is probably the only good demo, the sweetwater one was just bad.

Interface looks like a chore to navigate on, plus that bad screen...

Offline Amwilburn

Re: Roland FP-E50
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 01:47:21 AM »
It is completely aiming at the DGX market. Looking forward to A/B ing this with the DGX670. Includes a vocoder/harmonizer!
Slightly more expensive than the DGX but still in the same price ballpark. Now I need to make a space for it, our display unit arrives tomorrow!

Mark

Offline Amwilburn

Re: Roland FP-E50
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 01:09:18 AM »
Well, it's smaller and lighter than a DGX, albeit thicker as well. The speakers don't frapp out like a DGX, and with incredible bass.

Only 107 styles, the acoustic guitars and strings are nowhere near as good as the DGX, *but* the  drums, and especially the bass drums and bass synths are great (the speakers seem optimized for them; you can crank them up all the way and they won't frapp out). Piano isn't as clear as Yamahas, but nice and warm and expressive. The pop styles in particular are from some very recent songs (Bad Guy, Shake it Off) and I wish Yamaha would come out with some more modern styles. Both have mic inputs, but this one has a vocoder/harmonizer, which means I think the gigging musician will actually lean towards the E50.