Author Topic: Louder G3  (Read 1430 times)

Louder G3
« on: January 29, 2023, 10:09:40 PM »
Sounds that come out from the G3 key sound louder.
I've performed the test procedure and the touch values of this key are around 12 to 15 units higher than the others.
Can this be fix with cleaning the sensors or will it be necessary to replace the touch rubber band under the keys? (be aware i don't have a clue how a touch band is...  ;D)

Thank you.

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Louder G3
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 09:44:30 PM »
You can clean the metal surfaces where the touch pads make contact with the PC Board beneath the pads. A simple wipe with a dry Q-tip usually accomplishes the job, but if not, you can moisten the Q-tip lightly with alcohol. This should solve your problem.

The most difficult part about the job is removing all the screws on the bottom of the keyboard to gain access to the inside and keypad area. I suggest that after loosening the screws, place a piece of masking tape over the hole so the screw stays in the base of the case. You do this because some of the screws are longer and some are shorter, and the problem in remembering where each is located is eliminated. Just peel back the tape and the correct screw is in place and ready to be reinserted.

Hope this helps,
Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 03:54:31 PM »
Well, it did help.

All that was needed is to take off some keys, take of the rubber band and clean both the rubber and the carbon contacts with a q-tip moistened in water.
All is good now!

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 06:08:15 PM »
Glad I could be of assistance,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...