Author Topic: Freeze Transpose  (Read 739 times)

Offline JohnH

Freeze Transpose
« on: October 15, 2023, 02:49:47 PM »
What's the recipe to change Transpose & hit the Freeze button & keep it thru all the Registration button changes   

GENOS keyboard ---Thanks !!   

Example:  Change transpose on one song, hit the Freeze button & the transpose stays there for all the registrations one song only -------- :P

Edit 2023-10-15 by overover: Capitalized text changed to normal notation and other small changes for better readability
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 03:37:33 PM by overover »

Re: Freeze Transpose
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 03:05:38 PM »
Hi John,

The easiest way is to memorize the transposition for each registration (Buttons 1 to 10). So, if the song is in D but you play it in C, move the transposition to +2 for each of the 10 buttons and memorize each one. Then memorize the registration bank. The reason I use this method, is the Freeze function can cause issues if you're not careful what to select in the Freeze dialog box.

Edit: Message title modified by overover
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 03:12:16 PM by overover »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 03:25:51 PM »
Make sure you don't have transpose ticked in memory or freeze when saving registrations to banks. When you press the transpose button it will stay there untill you choose to change it again.
 I have always used it this way and do like to transpose when playing second time bars of songs. To get back to C just press both transpose buttons together.

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 03:42:40 PM »
What's the recipe to change Transpose & hit the Freeze button & keep it thru all the Registration button changes   

GENOS keyboard ---Thanks !!   

Example:  Change transpose on one song, hit the Freeze button & the transpose stays there for all the registrations one song only -------- :P

Hi John,

I also find it best (as stated by Lee) to memorize the desired transposition in each individual registration. (In my case this is always zero because I never transpose the keyboard. ;) )

If you still want to work with Freeze (e.g. to play a song with a different transposition than originally memorized in the registrations), follow these steps:

- Make sure the Freeze button is OFF.
- Press "Direct Access > Freeze" to call up the Freeze settings.
- Here make sure that only "Transpose" is ticked.
- Press EXIT or touch the X icon to close the Freeze display. This will automatically save the settings you made.
- Set the desired transposition as usual.
- Turn ON the Freeze button.
- Now the current transposition can no longer be changed by registrations.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 03:47:36 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline JohnH

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 06:51:09 PM »
Thanks Chris ---- That's what I was looking for ---- I'll save this in my files ------ John

Edit 2023-10-15 by overover: Text in capital letters changed to normal notation
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 09:10:20 PM by overover »

Online overover

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 09:16:54 PM »
Thanks for your feedback, John!

By the way, please write your posts in normal notation. Using all CAPITAL LETTERS means SHOUTING in forums.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)