Author Topic: MacBook Pro Mojave does not recognize Sx-900 - PLEASE HELP  (Read 798 times)

Offline Anil Sahin

MacBook Pro Mojave does not recognize Sx-900 - PLEASE HELP
« on: January 27, 2023, 10:47:27 AM »
Hello Dear Friends,

I finally bought a PSR SX-900 yesterday from a store.
I have played Tyros 1 for many years, and I am still playing a MOXF6 .

Connecting Moxf6 via a usb cable to Garageband (MacBookPro 2013) was never a problem.

But, since yesterday I could not connect Sx900 to my MBPro with a USB-cable.
And bluetooth works only halfways ( = only for output)

The computer simply does not see my keyboard.
What could be the problem?

I've had the same problem with Tyros in 2004, but I unfortunately cannot remember the solution.

I must record 4 songs until Saturday.
Can somebody pleas help me about this?

Thanks in advance

Offline mixermixer

Re: MacBook Pro Mojave does not recognize Sx-900 - PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 02:26:25 PM »
Are you trying to record audio via USB-B? Only MIDI messages will work. Otherwise you will need to do audio USB to disk recording that's internal to the keyboard itself or use an audio interface to connect to your DAW.

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 08:07:06 AM »
I use a Roland UM midi to USB  cable to connect. Works every time. Apple Mojave maybe isn't compatible with your DAW? It is now a very old version and so could be a factor.
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 10:50:00 AM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Anil Sahin!

I recommend installing the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver V1.3.2-2 for macOS on your Mac. This driver is compatible with Mojave (= macOS 10.14):
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/usb_midi_driver_v1322_mac.html

The SX900 is "USB-MIDI Class Compliant" and should actually be recognized by computers as a USB-MIDI device even without a driver. But with the mentioned driver it should work in any case.

By the way, the USB-MIDI driver provides two Receive ports (Digital Workstation 1 and Digital Workstation 2) and one Transmit port (Digital Workstation 1). Port 2 Transmit is not available via USB-MIDI.

I recommend using one of the preset MIDI templates "All Parts" or "KBD & Style" on the SX900, and on the computer in the relevant app (e.g. DAW) both as MIDI Input and MIDI Output device, Port 1 (Digital Workstation 1 ) should normally be used.

Incidentally, the Bluetooth (BT) interface of the SX900 can only be used as an audio input (instead of a cable connection to the AUX IN jack). The internal BT device cannot be used as an audio output or for MIDI transmission.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 03:47:18 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Anil Sahin