Author Topic: DGX 670 SOME LEFT HAND BASE SOUNDS TOO LOW  (Read 1305 times)

Offline JCGHRA

DGX 670 SOME LEFT HAND BASE SOUNDS TOO LOW
« on: January 26, 2023, 01:34:59 AM »
I've had this instrument for about a month...and love it.  But, when choosing any guitar voice, I like the voice but I don't like some of the left-hand chord sounds because they are grossly dissonant...or they don't harmonize well with the right-hand guitar voice and don't fit well together (base is too low).  In Yamaha's Reference Manual, on page 25, it provides instructions allowing the user to make adjustments to the chord sounds, but those instructions don't address my problem which is as I stated above.  Simply put, I want to play the guitar voice in the right hand and have a different voice for the left hand that's not such a jarringly low guitar base sound. 
Perhaps any piano chord sound or other pleasing voice is needed for the left hand but it seems not possible. 
Note:  yes, I know that I can select the LEFT button which will play other voices but the split point limits me to the F key, which i know I can change the range, but that's a hassle.  Any ideas???

Online Graham UK

Re: DGX 670 SOME LEFT HAND BASE SOUNDS TOO LOW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 08:52:11 AM »
DGX670. In the Menu their are options to change the octaves up or down of LEFT...MAIN...& LAYER.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 08:53:12 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 03:44:36 PM »
I am assuming you are talking about playing the LH not just using the chords to drive accompaniment.
On all the arrangers there are voices which only work well in the register range they are designed for. Piano voices obviously are designed for the whole 88 keys of the instrument, but that would not be true for say a trombone or sax. This becomes especially noticeable when you play chords in lower registers. But that’s why you have the ability to split the keyboard. You can use a more suitable voice for playing chords in the lower register,  - piano, electric piano. Or as Graham suggests you can raise the voice in the lower split by an octave to get it in a more suitable register for the voice.
Mike

Offline JCGHRA

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 09:51:21 PM »
Thanks for both your comments.....very helpful!