Author Topic: Saving a recording in Piano Room  (Read 952 times)

Offline jcm2016

Saving a recording in Piano Room
« on: January 23, 2023, 04:38:12 PM »
Piano room is new to me and I'm liking it's simplicity.

I recorded a little something as a test, and seem to only be able to find it within the Piano Room.

Is there a way to extract the recordings from Piano Room, like to a USB?   Are they midi or sound recordings?

It seems that Piano Room is a closed environment that doesn't interact with the rest of the keyboard.

Thank you!

Offline mikf

Re: Saving a recording in Piano Room
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 04:53:00 AM »
The Piano Room is a neat feature if you want to play full piano over suitable styles, but it does have some disadvantages. For example the whole range of styles is not available, you can’t use registrations, etc etc. But saving recordings is not one of them because can save recordings made in the Piano Room just like any other recording.
When you record and press save it will appear as a midi recorded to the user/ piano room folder. But you can easily rename it and save it to another place. There is a row of icons at the bottom which you use to select,  re-name , and save. You can set up your own folders to organize them as well.
It would take a lot of words to describe the step by step here, so I suggest reading the manual page 32 on file management. If you still have problems post again here, but I think you will figure it out. It might take  a little trial and error, we all go through that.
Mike
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 05:58:43 AM by mikf »

Offline jcm2016

Re: Saving a recording in Piano Room
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 09:01:03 AM »
Thank you, this was very helpful and I figured it out.