Author Topic: MobileSheet & Registrations  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Duurduur

MobileSheet & Registrations
« on: January 20, 2023, 02:53:33 PM »
Has anyone with a PSR-SX900 linked MobileSheets via USB to activate registrations with the pdf files? If so, how do I get that working?
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463
Logitech Z623 Speakersystem

Offline ton37

Re: MobileSheet & Registrations
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 04:19:19 PM »
Hi @Duurduur
MobileSheets for: Windows, Mac or Tab/Android?
SEE POST OF REYA BELOW!!
My SX900 works great with MS: I have a Windows Computer.
And there are some posts about this and Casper TutorSynth made a vid-tutorial. That's how I have done it (but after many trial and errors).  But it can be done. If needed I can try to help, but my knowledge is limited to what in those posts already is written (pls. do a search)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 10:56:16 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Online ckobu

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 06:16:35 PM »
This is how to connect with android, I hope the video helps.

https://youtu.be/83KSbB5H-_8
Watch my video channel

Offline Patrick

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 08:00:10 PM »
Hi Duurduur, i've my SX900 connected with an Ipad; MobilsSheets works great on it; just connect your Ipad with a USB cable + Apple camera kit connection. When you're on your SX900, open MS and you must setup the midi; just check the boxes (see the manuel of MS); import your PDF files and link the song to your registration; hope this can help you, all  the best Patrick  :)

Offline Duurduur

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 11:42:06 PM »
Thanks Patrick. Connecting my Android tablet to the keyboard will not be the problem (have not tried it yet). I think I understand the registration must start the the pdf. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 12:07:06 AM »
I purchased this midi interface from Amazon to use a Chromebook with Mobile Sheets Pro, and the SX-900. If set up properly in MS, it works great both ways, keyboard registration to .pdf sheet, and .pdf sheet to keyboard registration.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KZ3X59K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Patrick

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 12:55:18 AM »
Hi Duurduur, yes registration is calling your song or your song is calling your registration; as Larry said; have a nice weekend, Patrick

Offline reya

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 07:30:53 AM »
Hi Duurduur,

MobileSheets supports the 'new' and easy way of linking songs to registrationfiles, that was introduced in Genos and is also supported in the PSR SX range, so linking songs and registration files is now very easy.

One time actions :
1) Load the 'All Parts' Midi configuration file on your PSR SX keyboard. It should come that way from the factory, but it can't hurt checking if that has not been changed.
2) Tell MobileSheets you are using a Genos or PSR SX keyboard. To do that, go to  Settings/Midi settings/Midi Device Type (or Instellingen/MIDI instellingen/MIDI toestel in Dutch ) and select Genos PSR-SX .....

Then for every song, (while tablet and keyboard are connected to each other)
Load the registration file and optionally press a registration button on the keyboard.
Load or select the corresponding song in Mobilesheets and go to the Edit screen to change song settings. Select the MIDI tab in the edit screen
To establish the link, just press the chain icon at the right of the MIDI Tab screen. (it's the bottom one of the 4 icons there) and press 'OK'
That's it! Now they are linked.

And as mentioned before in this thread the link works both ways.

Good luck!
Rudy
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 08:09:36 AM by reya »
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

The following users thanked this post: ton37

Offline Duurduur

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2023, 01:39:53 PM »
Also thanks Reya. One of these days I will try your option. And Larry the midi interface is also an option. But a Chromebook runs with another operatingsystem than my Android tablet that I am using for MobileSheets. It is a nice option but I am not sure this will work with my tablet. If someone knows?

Regards Ruud

Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2023, 01:53:16 PM »
It is a nice option but I am not sure this will work with my tablet. If someone knows?

What happened when you tried it?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2023, 06:26:36 PM »
Also thanks Reya. One of these days I will try your option. And Larry the midi interface is also an option. But a Chromebook runs with another operatingsystem than my Android tablet that I am using for MobileSheets. It is a nice option but I am not sure this will work with my tablet. If someone knows?

Regards Ruud

It can be a little frustrating linking registrations to Mobile Sheets. You may, or may not need the extra midi interface with an Android tablet.   However, Michael, owner of of Mobile Sheets claims a more stable connection using such a midi device, especially for a Chromebook. So if you continue to have connection to registration issues (no matter the OS) a midi device may be a better solution.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Duurduur

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 08:03:47 PM »
Eureka. Thank you all for the help. In the end, Reya's message gave me the solution. After performing all the actions in his message exactly, I managed to link the registrations to the sheet music in MobileSheets.
I will save his message in a text file for later use.

Regards, Ruud
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463

Offline ton37

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 03:57:54 PM »
Hi, I wasn't sure if Msheets was going both ways. Here I read: it does? :-\ On my SX900 I can open the music sheet in MS via the playlist. But NOT when I click on a sheet in Mobilesheets, it does not open the corresponding registration on my SX900. So for me 'only one way' (Sx --> PC/MS). I work with a Windows computer. Am I missing something in the settings?? Tia
My best regards,
Ton

Offline reya

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 09:52:15 PM »
Hi, I wasn't sure if Msheets was going both ways. Here I read: it does? :-\ On my SX900 I can open the music sheet in MS via the playlist. But NOT when I click on a sheet in Mobilesheets, it does not open the corresponding registration on my SX900. So for me 'only one way' (Sx --> PC/MS). I work with a Windows computer. Am I missing something in the settings?? Tia

Hi Ton,

Yes it should work both ways. It does so with my Genos and with my psr sx. I also use windows with Genos. I do not use playlists ln the keyboards though.... maybe that is blocking something ...?

If you go to the Midi tab in the edit screen of a linked song in MobileSheets, you should see 2 batch commands there.
One ’send on load’ and one ’load on receive’. Do you have these 2 batch commands .?

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 11:10:07 PM »
Hi Ton,

Also make sure that on the SX900 in "Menu > MIDI > System > page 2/2 > System Exclusive Message" both parameters "Transmit" and "Receive" are set to "ON".

Note: If the preset MIDI template "All Parts" is used, these parameters are automatically set to "ON".

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2023, 11:56:55 PM »
This works for me on a SX-900

MOBILE SHEETS
1. Settings
2. Midi Settings
3. Midi Device > Genos PSR - SX 600/ 700/ 900
4. Midi Connections > Google
                                Connection Type >USB
                                Midi Input Ports and Midi Output Ports (Click to connect)
5. Close Settings
6. Choose a song from Mobile Sheets
    Select a keyboard registration (Do NOT click select any of the 8 (or 10) registration banks)
7. On the displayed Mobile Sheets song, click the pen type edit icon
8. Choose Midi
9. Choose the link icon (Registration Link will be highlighted in green)
10. Click OK
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline ton37

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 09:19:27 AM »
Thank you for thinking along.
As it turns out: if you press the registration via the 'Playlist', Msheets shows the sheet music on the computer screen. Can't go the other way! Why, no idea?
If you 'just' use the registrations via the (USER) register banks, it works both ways!?
So @reya: it is indeed true that the 2-direction via THE PLAYLIST DOES NOT work!
I always did that with MSheets, that's why I didn't know there was a 2-way option. A little wiser again.
Thank you Larry and Chris for your response. I knew those settings, but good to (double) check!
My best regards,
Ton

Offline overover

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 09:45:32 AM »
Thank you for thinking along.
As it turns out: if you press the registration via the 'Playlist', Msheets shows the sheet music on the computer screen. Can't go the other way! Why, no idea?
If you 'just' use the registrations via the (USER) register banks, it works both ways!?
So @reya: it is indeed true that the 2-direction via THE PLAYLIST DOES NOT work!
I always did that with MSheets, that's why I didn't know there was a 2-way option. A little wiser again.
Thank you Larry and Chris for your response. I knew those settings, but good to (double) check!

Hi Ton,

Registration is registration, regardless of whether it is called up directly via the Registration Selection display or called up via a Playlist. However, you can only call up registrations externally via MIDI, not a Playlist.

If a registration (on one of the buttons 1 - 8) was CORRECTLY linked to a "Song" in MobileSheets (MS) and everything is set correctly there (e.g. method "Genos/PSR-SX" and "Send when opening a song") , the link should work automatically in both directions, i.e. when calling up a song in MS, the linked registration bank should be loaded on the keyboard and the relevant registration should be loaded from it.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline ton37

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2023, 10:04:34 AM »
Chris, totally agree with you (of course!). What I discovered is: if you have the PLAYLIST open on the SX, the relevant song will NOT be HIGHTLIGHTED in the PLAYLIST if you point to another PDF file in MobileSheets. However, if you work via the (User) RegisterBank then the relevant (song)register is HIGHTLIGHTED on the SX display.
My best regards,
Ton

Offline overover

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 01:30:14 PM »
Chris, totally agree with you (of course!). What I discovered is: if you have the PLAYLIST open on the SX, the relevant song will NOT be HIGHTLIGHTED in the PLAYLIST if you point to another PDF file in MobileSheets. However, if you work via the (User) RegisterBank then the relevant (song)register is HIGHTLIGHTED on the SX display.

Hi Ton,

Please forget the Playlist in this context. You also don't need to open the Registration Bank Selection display when switching on registrations from MobileSheets. Just stay in the Home display. There you can see the name of the currently loaded registration bank and (if assigned) the name of the current registration of this bank, and the currently activated registration button lights up.

Best regards,
Chris