Author Topic: PSR-E473 - Groove creator - can it be overwritten? how much storage?  (Read 1208 times)

yul2000

Hello!

I am just getting acquainted with this machine.

It seems there is very little "user" memory for the grooves and that one should overwrite the existing ones. Is this correct?

Also how are these saved/backed up via USB? I can't seem to find the information.

Thanks!

P.S. :  I just figured out the grooves cannot be modified... what a shame. Hopefully I am wrong here.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 09:13:15 PM by yul2000 »

Offline SciNote

Re: PSR-E473 - Groove creator - can it be overwritten? how much storage?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 05:19:25 AM »
I think you are correct with your edit -- that grooves cannot be added, deleted, or modified.  I know that on my PSR-E433 (where they're just called DJ Patterns), that is the case.  It's just a cool extra feature that is included on these keyboards.  They sound good for what they are and can be useful, but not expanded.  But as you probably already know, additional regular styles can be added to your keyboard.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline pjd

Re: PSR-E473 - Groove creator - can it be overwritten? how much storage?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 07:34:47 PM »
Yeah, looks like the Groove Creator feature replaced the former DJ Styles. And, yep, it isn't possible to load new grooves.

You might want to consider my collection of DJ styles converted from the Yamaha DJX II keyboard:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/free-djx-ii-styles-version-2/

I deliberately made them SFF1-compatible so the E-series and older keyboards could use them. They're free, so why not? You should be able to load them like ordinary user styles.

I posted a short article about how I created them:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/mining-the-yamaha-djx-ii/

Have fun! -- pj
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 07:35:51 PM by pjd »

The following users thanked this post: wersianer