Author Topic: PSR E453 loading erreor  (Read 1125 times)

Offline chirath

PSR E453 loading erreor
« on: February 09, 2023, 09:42:35 AM »
Dear Friends
My friend got a PSR E453 and it dose not load and stuck. please see the image . is there any way we can fix this

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

Offline SciNote

Re: PSR E453 loading erreor
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 09:55:35 AM »
What are you trying to do when that screen comes up?  Are you trying to load data from a USB flash drive, or does that screen come up just when you simply turn on the keyboard -- or is it something else?

If it comes on when you just turn on the keyboard, it could be defective.  But you could try a factory reset -- just be aware that a factory reset will erase any data (registrations, styles, songs, etc.) that you have stored on the keyboard.  For the factory reset procedure, check the manual to be sure, but normally, turning on the keyboard while holding down the highest note of the keyboard will do it.  Also, I would make sure you do not have anything plugged in to the USB ports when you do this.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 09:56:57 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline chirath

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 11:05:03 AM »
Hi S
Thank you for the reply . i did not tried to do any thing , just press the power button and wait . nothing comes . if its loaded /booted then grand piano will be displayed but this does nothing. few tech said the main board memory issue and still i'm looking for exact issue

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 12:21:54 PM »
Hi chirath,

If you haven't already, I recommend checking to see if the PSR-E453 has batteries installed. Open the battery compartment cover located on the instrument’s bottom panel and remove any installed batteries.

Remove any cables and USB devices that may be connected. Make sure the power adapter is properly connected. It is best to have a technician check whether the power adapter is OK. In any case (even under load) it must have a stable voltage of 12 volts DC. If possible, use another, equivalent power adapter (12V DC, min. 1.5A / 16.0W, tip = positive pole).

You could try whether the internal Test program can be started:

While holding down the keys [C#2], [F2] and [G#2] (= C# major chord in the second octave) simultaneously, press the [STANDBY / ON] switch. When the test program is started, “TEST” will be shown on the LCD. If this works, please report back here. If it doesn't work, only a Yamaha service technician can probably help you.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 09:28:45 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 06:18:20 PM »

Chris has good advice.

You might try completely fresh batteries, too. If the keyboard works with fresh batteries, but not the power adapter, then the power adapter may be bad. A technician can check the power adapter with a digital multimeter.

If neither fresh batteries or power adapter work, then there is a serious fault inside. At that point, Yamaha service needs to take a look.

Hope this helps, too -- pj