Author Topic: rgt  (Read 2193 times)

Offline micktheplumber

rgt
« on: January 16, 2023, 04:19:18 PM »
How do i load a rgt file i have loaded on a usb stick i wish to put it on the HD ,the file when unzipped has a rgt. file a mid file and a sty. file any help most welcome .
thanks Mick

Offline Fred Smith

Re: rgt
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 04:36:58 PM »
How do i load a rgt file i have loaded on a usb stick i wish to put it on the HD ,the file when unzipped has a rgt. file a mid file and a sty. file any help most welcome .
thanks Mick

First, make sure it works from the USB.

Now, all your files are loaded. Just save each one to HD1.

Finally, re-memorize each reg button with the new location of the files.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 05:19:12 PM »
Thank you Fred what does rememorize mean ,
Mick

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 05:39:02 PM »
Thank you Fred what does rememorize mean ,
Mick

It's how you store a registration. When you have what you want loaded, you press the Memory button, then the registration button you want memorized.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 06:22:23 PM »
thanks Mick

Hi Mick,

If external files are linked in a Registration (like in your case a Style file and a MIDI file) these files must be in the exact location (drive and folder/subfolder) where these files were at the time the Registration was originally created. If not, the Registration will not work as expected because the Style / Multi Pad / MIDI files linked in it cannot be found.

If you open the relevant Registration Bank file on the computer with a text editor (e.g. under Windows with "Notepad"), you will see (along with many "cryptic" characters) the paths (drive and folder/subfolder) of linked external files in plain text. "C:/" means the internal User drive (USER), "E:/" is the internal hard drive (HD1), "I:/" is the first, "J:/" the second connected USB stick. So if the external files are located exactly at the locations determined in the manner described, the registration will work as desired.

By the way, you can also use the PC (Windows) program "Yamaha Registration Manager" (YRM), developed by our forum member Murray Best, to find out the mentioned file paths. You can also FIX the file paths with this program (either for each individual registration of the bank currently loaded in YRM or in batch mode for several/many Registration Banks at once):
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

A relatively easy way to fix such "non-working" registrations, as mentioned by Fred, is to "re-memorize" them. To do this, first copy the files used in the Registration Bank to the desired storage location and note that the files may not be moved or renamed from there later. Then you load the relevant Registration Bank file and activate the first registration (button #1). Now you manually load the desired Style and/or MIDI file. Then you "memorize" the current panel settings back on the same Registration button: Press "MEMORY" button, make sure that all necessary check boxes are ticked (at least Style and/or Song as well as Voice and Harmony) and then press the same Registration button again. Repeat the above for all Registration buttons used. Finally re-save the Registration Bank file.

In order not to have to reload the Style / MIDI file every time, you can use the FREEZE function (first press "Direct Access > Freeze" and make sure that only the required boxes are ticked, only then switch on the Freeze button).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 06:41:40 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)