Author Topic: How to pause Rhythm1 and Rhythm2 section  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Sukanta

How to pause Rhythm1 and Rhythm2 section
« on: January 11, 2023, 09:19:10 AM »
Dear Experts
Suppose, I am playing a song with accompany ON. Suddenly, there comes a situation when I have to stop the Rhythm 1 &2 section for two bars. What is the shortcut to stop it while the other sections are playing still?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How to pause Rhythm1 and Rhythm2 section
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 09:40:45 AM »
Dear Experts
Suppose, I am playing a song with accompany ON. Suddenly, there comes a situation when I have to stop the Rhythm 1 &2 section for two bars. What is the shortcut to stop it while the other sections are playing still?

The easiest way would be through registrations. It’s easy to memorize a registration with Rhy1 and Rhy2 silenced.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Sukanta

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 10:48:37 AM »
Fred suggested quick & easy solution which usable in most cases.
If possible (and it usually is) then I prefer to have everything inside style itself. The solution I decide for, depends on song and style complexity.
For example... if I'm only using two variations (i.e. MAIN A and MAIN B), then I simply create a third variation (copied from MAIN A or MAIN B), where I disable voices I don't need (Rhy1 & Rhy2). And during playing I simply switch to desired variation. If all variations are already taken, then I create FILL-IN with particular voices disabled. This can also be done by making an INTRO with disabled Rhy1 & Rhy2 -is probably the best solution, because it's easy to remember during playing.
It's up to you what you do, I'm just saying there are many choices.

Bogdan
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 10:49:46 AM by BogdanH »
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: Sukanta

Offline Sukanta

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 11:15:27 AM »
Thank you so much both of you :D :D

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 11:18:24 AM »
Sukanta,

You can always hit three adjacent keys on the keyboard and that stops the rhythm too, if that works for you!

Rick D.

Offline acparker

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 11:37:56 AM »
3 adjacent keys stops everything but the drums.  IIRC, it is 4 adjacent keys to stop everything.

Adam

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 01:11:02 PM »
Thanks Adam,

I wasn't at my Genos and I forgot whether it was 3 or 4.

Rick D.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 02:51:58 PM »
3 adjacent keys stops everything but the drums.  IIRC, it is 4 adjacent keys to stop everything.

Adam

Hi Adam,

That's not exactly correct: Yes, when you press THREE adjacent keys, only the DRUMS continue to play. If a FOURTH key (to the left of the three adjacent keys) is pressed simultaneously, DRUMS & BASS continue to play. (The Bass note is defined by this FOURTH key.)

Note that this will NOT work if "Multi Finger" or "Single Finger" is set, but only with the "Fingered" settings.

See also here on this topic:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,46113.msg362134.html#msg362134

By the way, another option to mute the accompaniment parts but keep the drums playing is to turn the ACMP button off momentary and then immediately turn it back on. When the next chord is played with the left hand, the accompaniment will sound in full again.

BUT what is described here is actually the opposite of what the OP wants. He wants to mute the drums and let the rest keep playing... ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 03:11:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 05:19:20 PM »
Thanks Chris,

You always come up with the best solutions for us.

Rick D.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2023, 05:36:30 PM »
You may wish to silence the rhythms by using the sliders for a couple of bars

Pull them down to shut off and then push them back up to their original positions.

Might take a bit of practice

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2023, 06:15:54 PM »
Thanks Chris,

You always come up with the best solutions for us.

Rick D.

:)
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline acparker

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2023, 10:31:48 AM »
@ overover,

I stand corrected.  I did say 'if I recall correctly'  Obviously, I didn't recall correctly.  I use the three finger one all the time, but hardly every use the 4 finger variant.

Thanks for the correction and explanation!

Adam