Author Topic: Registration for I want to know what love is - Foreigner  (Read 2534 times)

Registration for I want to know what love is - Foreigner
« on: January 15, 2023, 07:00:40 PM »
Please your help with the following,

I was searching for a Registration for “I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner” and found that in the Genos forum OverOver kindly helps and refers to the “Bonus Playlist for Genos V2.0 Superior Pack”  that contains this specific registration, I downloaded the Pack and file into the Psr SX900, but unfortunately doesn’t work properly, can someone help me figure out what to change in the genos registration file or is there another Registration for this song specifically for the psr sx900? what style could meet this song?

I’ve tried several Registration files in the psr sx900 from the Genos Superior Pack, but they don’t seem to work properly, they don’t link the respective style etc..

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,64179.msg487726.html#msg487726

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Bernardo.
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline mikf

Re: Registration for I want to know what love is - Foreigner
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 07:24:08 PM »
Registrations have to be able to find the style. The style is not contained within a registration. If you load the registration from another keyboard you need the style and it needs to be located where it can be 'found' by your registration. If not your keyboard will substitute something else. In fact this is true for everything in the registration. If the style is custom, then you need to copy that as well then re-set up the registration on your keyboard to access it.
Mike
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 07:40:52 PM by mikf »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 09:34:05 PM »
I was searching for a Registration for “I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner” and found that in the Genos forum OverOver kindly helps and refers to the “Bonus Playlist for Genos V2.0 Superior Pack”  that contains this specific registration, I downloaded the Pack and file into the Psr SX900, but unfortunately doesn’t work properly, can someone help me figure out what to change in the genos registration file or is there another Registration for this song specifically for the psr sx900? what style could meet this song?

I’ve tried several Registration files in the psr sx900 from the Genos Superior Pack, but they don’t seem to work properly, they don’t link the respective style etc..

Your problem is that the registration assumes you've loaded the V2 Superior Expansion Pack. You need to do that first (assuming the 900 supports this expansion memory).

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 09:46:13 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 10:36:55 PM »
You can  load Genos registrations into the SX900 but if they have used SA2 voices they will not sound. You can't use Genos playlists though.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 01:23:01 PM by EileenL »

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 04:48:43 PM »
Thanks to all for your thoughts and help, probably can someone that has a Genos keyboard is able to load or has it loaded the “Bonus playlist for Genos V.2.0 Superior Pack”, and tell me, what style is using and instruments for left, right 1,2,3. for that specific registration song. I think maybe I could develope a similar registration.. Thanks again for your support.

Best regards

Bernardo :)
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 05:41:02 PM »
Thanks to all for your thoughts and help, probably can someone that has a Genos keyboard is able to load or has it loaded the “Bonus playlist for Genos V.2.0 Superior Pack”, and tell me, what style is using and instruments for left, right 1,2,3. for that specific registration song. I think maybe I could develope a similar registration.. Thanks again for your support.

Certainly. The style is 80sPowerBallad.T549.prs

Note that you can find this out yourself using Murray Best's Yamaha Registration Manager -- an extremely useful program for anyone who uses registrations.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: bhergar56

Offline Bill

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 06:46:09 PM »

Best regards

Bernardo :)

Info and modified Reg at link below.

https://app.box.com/s/kd7cso2bxbgqwps646aavs1hnzhjk9sa

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

The following users thanked this post: balcino, bhergar56

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2023, 09:57:56 PM »
Thank you very much Bill and Fred, both recomendations where very useful and now I can have a start point for what I need, appreciate very much your support and help. :)

Best regards

Bernardo
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!