Author Topic: Registration Sequence  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Lacko

Registration Sequence
« on: January 14, 2023, 05:35:25 PM »
On SX700 it looks like Registration Sequence ON/OFF setting cannot be saved into Registration Memory. I have some Memory banks where I use Reg. Sequence controlled by pedal and other where I want to use pedal as Sustain, but I don't see any option how to memorize this setting. Is there really the only way to assign this ON/OFF function to a button?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration Sequence
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 09:12:16 PM »
On SX700 it looks like Registration Sequence ON/OFF setting cannot be saved into Registration Memory. I have some Memory banks where I use Reg. Sequence controlled by pedal and other where I want to use pedal as Sustain, but I don't see any option how to memorize this setting. Is there really the only way to assign this ON/OFF function to a button?

There is no option to memorize Sequence on/off.

Most people use the Sequencer either all of the time, or none of the time.

One option id to use two pedals. The only other option is to manually turn the sequencer on and off.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Lacko

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 12:17:22 AM »

Hi Lacko,

Unfortunately, the Registration Sequence function can only be switched on or off GLOBALLY. If it is switched ON, the pedals assigned there for "Regist +" and "Regist -" can only be used for this function (i.e. the assignment of the "normal" pedal function made in the Assignable display is overridden by the Registration Sequence function).

One possibility would be to always leave the Registration Sequence function switched ON, but only assign ONE pedal there (e.g. pedal 2 for "Regist +"). If you set "Regist -" to OFF, you can use pedal 1 for Sustain or other "normal" pedal functions.

Note that in order to still be able to use "Regist -", you can assign this function to an Assignable Button in the Assignable display. This makes it easy to go back if you accidentally hit the "Regist +" pedal too many times or too soon).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 12:19:40 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Lacko

Offline Lacko

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 09:02:04 AM »
Thanks to both of you, Chris and Fred, for the explanation.