Author Topic: Start up message regarding a file?  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Disposable

Start up message regarding a file?
« on: January 12, 2023, 03:38:36 PM »
" A certain voice has not been loaded correctly",  This message appears every time I start The Tyros 2, it only stays on screen has 2 seconds, I would like to find the "voice" in order to remove it and end the message? But I have no idea how to do this or where to look for the faulty file?
Can anyone guide me on this search please?
This message was present when I bought the Tyros 2 second hand!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 03:40:16 PM by Disposable »
Tyros 2, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

I play the music, but the Cat plays the strings.

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Start up message regarding a file?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 04:36:29 PM »
I would suggest trying a minor system reset by holding down the rightmost white key while turning on the keyboard. Do not let up on that key until the keyboard boots up. Just might do the trick.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 04:40:25 PM »
This will be one of the TVN sample sounds has not loaded properly. You could go through them and see which one dose not play. Do you have a back up Library of these on your hard drive.

Offline Disposable

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 06:41:08 PM »
I'm afraid not Eileen, I haven't had this Tyros 2 very long and the hard drive was empty of anything!
Tyros 2, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

Offline Disposable

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 06:46:23 PM »
The system reset didn't work Gary' Eileen, I have no idea were to start in finding this rogue voice, have you any advice please?

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 07:19:31 PM »
Hi Disposable,

You probably have some voices in the Custom Voice Bank. The Tyros2 would like to load these voices when starting, but cannot find the corresponding library file (.TVI) and/or the associated Custom Voice files (.TVN, .TVD) on the internal hard drive or the connected USB stick. (Since the T2 has a so-called "volatile" Expansion memory, custom voices must always be reloaded at every start.)

If you still have the relevant Custom Voice files and want to continue using them, you would have to copy these files back to the T2 hard disk and reload them into the Custom Voice Bank. (If you load the files from the USB stick, this stick must always be connected later when the T2 is started.)

On the other hand, if you no longer need the content of the Custom Voice Bank anyway, just delete all Voices from there: Press "Voice Creator" button > "Custom Voice Bank Edit" and delete all Voices there on all pages of the NORMAL and DRUM tabs. Now you should no longer get a corresponding error message when starting the T2.

Plesse also refer to page 102 in the Tyros2 Owner's Manual.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 07:25:38 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Disposable

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 07:57:06 PM »
Chris, you are brilliant, that did the trick, there were a number of "Peddle" files left over from the previous owner, deleting those cured the problem message!

Thanks to all of you for helping to solve what I hope will be the last problem for a while. This is a great community I already feel at home! 8) 

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 12:56:16 AM »
Thank you for the kind feedback and your words of praise for the forum, Disposable! I am glad that the problem could be solved. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 03:30:19 PM »
Pleased you got it sorted.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2023, 09:41:09 PM »
Chris, I'm so glad you were able to sort this out - I was at a loss for an easy solution.

Thanks for being here,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Disposable

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 12:51:16 PM »
Chris, I was wondering, how many voices can the "Custom Voice Bank" hold at one time?

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2023, 01:32:56 PM »
Chris, I was wondering, how many voices can the "Custom Voice Bank" hold at one time?

Hi Disposable,

On the Tyros2, this is a maximum of 128 Custom Normal Voices plus, if I remember correctly, 20 Custom Drum Voices.

Of course, how many Custom Voices can be loaded at the same time also depends on the size of the installed Expansion RAM memory and the size of the relevant Voice files.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 01:37:12 PM by overover »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2023, 03:17:42 PM »
Yes these older keyboards use Dims memory and you had to fit two in the slots provided in the keyboard. It all changed with Tyros 5 when the YEM was introduced and there was no limit on slots and you did not have that long wait while voices loaded in.

Offline Disposable

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2023, 04:46:09 PM »
Thank you both! I have 1 gig of ram installed (which I think is the maximum), does that change your estimate above?

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2023, 09:18:40 PM »
Keep in mind that these files are tiny and measured in KB, therefore, just a few MBs are all that's necessary to hold thousands of files.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline overover

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2023, 11:21:13 PM »
Thank you both! I have 1 gig of ram installed (which I think is the maximum), does that change your estimate above?

Hi Disposable,

You then have installed the maximal possible amount of Expansion Memory that is supported by the Tyros2 (2 * 512 MB).

By the way, Tyros2 supports168-pin DIMMs of 64, 128, 256 or 512 MB capacity (synchronized DRAM; PC100 or PC133).

Best regards,
Chris

Offline overover

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2023, 11:35:48 PM »
Keep in mind that these files are tiny and measured in KB, therefore, just a few MBs are all that's necessary to hold thousands of files.

Good luck,

Gary 8)

Hi Gary,

I don't completely agree here:

Custom Voices (.TVN/.TVD), which are based exclusively on internal Tyros2 preset samples, i.e. do not contain any samples themselves, are actually extremely small (1 - 4 KB). However, .TVN/.TVD files, which are also (or exclusively) based on their OWN samples, can be much larger (from < 10 MB to > 100 MB).

Best regards,
Chris

Offline Disposable

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2023, 12:49:06 AM »
My understanding (from advice on this forum) is that styles/multi pads? and Reg files are all kbs in size, so Gary would be right if we were talking about those! But voice files can also as Gary said be very small if they are based on existing voice samples installed in the Tyros 2, but Chris has cleared up my thoughts on external voice samples based on voices not part of the Tyros 2 setup. Please correct me if I am wrong, if the voice samples I have are around 10 meg, I could get up to 100 installed, anything bigger than that would reduce the amount I can install?

Offline overover

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2023, 01:56:19 AM »
My understanding (from advice on this forum) is that styles/multi pads? and Reg files are all kbs in size, so Gary would be right if we were talking about those! But voice files can also as Gary said be very small if they are based on existing voice samples installed in the Tyros 2, but Chris has cleared up my thoughts on external voice samples based on voices not part of the Tyros 2 setup. Please correct me if I am wrong, if the voice samples I have are around 10 meg, I could get up to 100 installed, anything bigger than that would reduce the amount I can install?

Hi Disposable,

Yes, Style files are relatively small (about 20-150 KB), Registration Bank, Multi Pad Bank and User Voice files are very small (only a few KB). But that has nothing to do with the Expansion Memory, because only the WAVE samples of Custom Voices (on the Tyros2, as mentioned, .TVN and .TVD) are stored in the Expansion Memory. All other file types (e.g. Styles) can be used directly from a USB stick or copied to the internal hard drive (HD1).

Note that the Tyros2's internal User drive (USER) is only a few MB in size (approx. 3.2 MB). I would therefore not store any Styles or MIDI files there permanently, but rather use the User drive as a "workbench", e.g. when editing Styles or MIDI files. On the other hand, the User drive CAN be used for frequently required Registration Bank, Multi Pad Bank or User Voice files (= copied and/or modified saved Preset Voices), since the latter files, as mentioned, are very small.

Since Expansion Voices do not remain permanently in the memory of the Tyros2, but have to be reloaded every time the system is started due to the volatile RAM memory used, very large Custom Voices (e.g. over 20 MB) will probably only be used if they are absolutely necessary.

You can also work with several Custom Voice LIBRARIES so that you don't always have to load everything. Such a Library file (.TVI) contains only links to certain .TVN/.TVD Custom Voice files (which are located on the internal hard drive or on the USB stick. When loading a Library file, all Custom Voices linked in it are loaded automatically. Note that the affected .TVN/TVD files may not be subsequently moved or renamed. Otherwise a new library file would have to be created or the previous library file (.TVI) would have to be adapted in a text editor.

Best regards,
Chris