Author Topic: Problem: Insertion Effects Not Saved in Registration  (Read 4054 times)

Offline brucerez

Problem: Insertion Effects Not Saved in Registration
« on: January 11, 2023, 08:11:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am trying to assign 2 insertion effects to only R1(Right 1) and save it in a Registration.

Unfortunately after saving in Registration, I noticed one of the Insertion Effect goes to OFF position and the voice doesn't sound
correctly due to the missing effect and the R1 ends up with only one Insertion Effect assigned.
I am wondering if I miss any step.

Has anyone experienced this kind of issue?
Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

I am attaching some screen shots of the steps I take.

Thank you

Offline brucerez

Re: Problem: Insertion Effects Not Saved in Registration
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 08:12:10 PM »
More screen shots.

Offline brucerez

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 08:13:04 PM »
2 more screen shots.

Offline brucerez

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 04:26:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

So I see after more than 400 view my post and no reply I assume that no one experienced this kind of issue.
In this case I would like to contact Yamaha and explain my problem.
I would appreciate if somebody can provide a direct Yamaha contact information email or phone number.

Thank you

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 05:36:54 PM »
Hi brucerez,

I very rarely use more than one Effect block / DSP per part. As far as I know, (unfortunately) the changed parameters are only actually saved in registrations for the effect block assigned last. However, for the other previously assigned Effect blocks, changed settings revert to their default values.

In principle, however, when assigning several Effect blocks per part, they should all be/remain active after memorizing in a registration.

It may help if you create User Effect types beforehand and then integrate them into registrations. Unfortunately I don't have the time to test this at the moment.

P.S.
To contact Yamaha, I recommend going to >>> https://usa.yamaha.com/

From there, click on "Support > Contact Us > Product Support" to display the email support form.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 05:39:37 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline brucerez

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 07:44:00 PM »
Hi brucerez,

I very rarely use more than one Effect block / DSP per part. As far as I know, (unfortunately) the changed parameters are only actually saved in registrations for the effect block assigned last. However, for the other previously assigned Effect blocks, changed settings revert to their default values.

In principle, however, when assigning several Effect blocks per part, they should all be/remain active after memorizing in a registration.

It may help if you create User Effect types beforehand and then integrate them into registrations. Unfortunately I don't have the time to test this at the moment.

P.S.
To contact Yamaha, I recommend going to >>> https://usa.yamaha.com/

From there, click on "Support > Contact Us > Product Support" to display the email support form.

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris for your reply, really appreciated.

Indeed I did save them (Insertion Effects) as User Effect types beforehand and then integrated them into registrations,
you can see in my screen shot I named them as Test Compressor and Test Delay but unfortunately no luck.

I will contact Yamaha when I get some spare time.

Thanks again for taking time for answering my question.

Bruce

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 08:47:48 PM »
You're welcome, Bruce! Thanks for your kind feedback.

One point is: In one of the first Genos firmware versions, there were improved setting options when using several Effect blocks per part. After an update, this was suddenly no longer possible because the corresponding gear symbol was no longer there and it didn't come back to this day. :(

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 08:52:21 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 09:01:47 PM »
"Unfortunately after saving in Registration, I noticed one of the Insertion Effect goes to OFF position and the voice doesn't sound
correctly due to the missing effect and the R1 ends up with only one Insertion Effect assigned."

Hi brucerez,
Based on what needs to be done on Genos (in my case) to save multi DSP's to a voice part you appear to have followed the steps correctly. The procedure (for Genos -in line with Yamaha programming tradition on arrangers!)  is more fiddly for the user than IMO it needs to be, but I have never found one of the DSP's turning off. Maybe the firmware for the later PSR has not been fully debugged for this feature.
Does the DSP that goes off remain in place? If so are you able to turn it back on manually by touching its On/Off button in the Voice screen if it shows there, (or in the DSP assignment list)?

John

« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 09:08:17 PM by jwyvern »

Online ckobu

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 09:12:51 PM »
Hi Bruce,
all the insert effects on the channel are memorized on my keyboard. I made a short video. My Genos has firmware version 2.11 installed.

https://youtu.be/AFtStIaVMFA
Watch my video channel

Offline brucerez

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 04:51:31 PM »
...Does the DSP that goes off remain in place? If so are you able to turn it back on manually by touching its On/Off button in the Voice screen if it shows there, (or in the DSP assignment list)?

John

John, Thank you for your reply.
I'll give it a try and will see how it goes.

Offline brucerez

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 05:01:43 PM »
Hi Bruce,
all the insert effects on the channel are memorized on my keyboard. I made a short video. My Genos has firmware version 2.11 installed.

https://youtu.be/AFtStIaVMFA

Thank you ckobu for your video.

I watched the video. You changed the parameter of only one of the effects. That works for me too.
But my problem is when I modify the parameters of both effects (in my case Compressor and Delay effects).

Could you please testing by going to change/modify the parameters of all assigned effects in R1 (as i show in my previous screen shots) and see then if any effects goes OFF?

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 05:04:09 PM by brucerez »

Online ckobu

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 06:16:03 PM »
I can add multiple effects with adjustments to one part and it's all written in the registration. The only limitation is that only the last entered can be edited.

https://youtu.be/3DB2yIWjAq8
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline brucerez

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2023, 04:08:16 PM »
I can add multiple effects with adjustments to one part and it's all written in the registration. The only limitation is that only the last entered can be edited.

https://youtu.be/3DB2yIWjAq8
Thank you Gasper for taking time to create this video.
Appreciated.