Author Topic: Keyboard feet support question  (Read 672 times)

Offline Lacko

Keyboard feet support question
« on: January 11, 2023, 07:26:45 AM »
Maybe stupid question, but... My SX700 lays on keyboard stand with its bottom, not with its feet. They are outside of stand rubberized pads.
1. Is it OK or should keyboard feet be placed on the supports of keyboard stand?
2. And what about the third foot in the middle of the front part of keyboard? Should it be also placed on some support? It would require some plate placed on the stand.
What are your opinions/experiences?

Offline BogdanH

Re: Keyboard feet support question
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 09:11:32 AM »
I think these little "feet" have no support function. They're just there to prevent sliding (and scratching) if keyboard is put on flat polished surface.
Keyboard housing is rigid enough, so it doesn't really matter where on bottom keyboard is supported -every keyboard stand has different dimensions anyway. What is important, is stand quality.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: Lacko

Offline Rick D.

Re: Keyboard feet support question
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 11:25:02 AM »
Lacko,

You could get some 1/4"  self adhesive neoprene foam and stick it to the stand supports. This will not only protect the bottom of your keyboard, it will keep it from sliding around as you are playing.
https://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-Adhesive-Insulation-Anti-Slip-Anti-Scratch/dp/B097BT7JW7/ref=sr_1_31?crid=Q5VCERSDSNQ2&keywords=neoprene+foam+material&qid=1673436199&sprefix=neoprene+foam+material%2Caps%2C68&sr=8-31

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: Lacko