Author Topic: initial touch  (Read 851 times)

Offline john1509

initial touch
« on: January 09, 2023, 08:36:47 PM »
hello everyone. is there a way to completely turn on the initial touch on sx700. it seams  to default to  on every time i turn it on thanks   

Offline Lacko

Re: initial touch
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 09:13:47 AM »
You probably mean to switch initial touch/velocity sensitivity OFF (not ON). I also cannot find anything else than Normal, two Soft and  two Hard settings there.

Offline Bill

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 09:21:26 AM »
Hi

You can assign it to one of your buttons.  See page 113 of the reference manual.
If you have any registrations which are set “Initial Touch” OFF these will override your new setup, so you will have to re-save these registration to select off.  You could use the registration “Freeze” until you get round to making all the changes.

Bill

« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 09:42:51 AM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 09:31:09 AM »
As far I know, it's not possible to set custom initial touch state at keyboard power on. Maybe it can be done by creating some "default" registration and loading it each time after keyboard is turned on -but that's just not the same.
I see customizing initial touch as something permanent. We adjust sensitivity according to our "way of playing", because some have more "heavy" fingers than others -that's why this setting exists. And our "way of playing" doesn't change from one song to another (it might change over the time, though). In short: keyboard should be able to remember custom initial touch settings as default.

@Bill
Yes, but that's just a shortcut to set new initial touch values (needed to be done every time we turn keyboard on).

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube