Author Topic: CVP 207 Out of Tune  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Swipesy

CVP 207 Out of Tune
« on: January 07, 2023, 12:02:49 AM »
I have owned my CVP 207 since 2002.  Starting this past week when I play certain instruments like the Nylon Guitar, using a split keyboard, the last octave after the split on the left, each key is out of tune.  All octavs after the out of tune are fine.  I have also noted that it is most noticiable if I use a transpose setting lower than -3.  The problem seems to be just with some of the guitars but not all.  Other instruments like the Grand Piano work fine and all octaves are in tune no matter what the transpose setting is.

Have anyone experienced this and is there a fix?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 12:04:19 AM by Swipesy »

Offline mikf

Re: CVP 207 Out of Tune
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 03:48:28 AM »
Have you tried a reset?
Mike

Offline Swipesy

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 02:37:56 PM »
I have tried the hold down key while turning on and that did not help.  I did not do a reset to factory because I do not have the factory disks to restore the instrument.

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 03:58:54 PM »
It does seem like some kind of faulty setting. My first thought would be to check the pitch bend setting, and whether you have inadvertently set it to a pedal, but odd to only have it on such few keys and voices.
Mike

Offline Swipesy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 06:36:36 PM »
Thank you for your response.  I will check your suggestion.  It is also strange that only Guitars seem to be impacted and only when transpose is below -3.

John

Offline Swipesy

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 08:59:07 PM »
Mike I looked at the pitch setting and it was set to "On" by default.  Turned it off and no difference.  Since the out of tune seems to be limited to the Nylon Guitar I am now wondering if that one particular sound could be corrupted?  I am going to search for an original copy of it and see if I can replace the Nylon Guitar sound.

John