Author Topic: Keyboard Harmony Type  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Ray

Keyboard Harmony Type
« on: January 05, 2023, 08:34:54 AM »
Perhaps someone may be able to tell me the explanation of the notes in keyboard harmony. Referring to type, 4-Way-Close 1 thru to 4 -Way- Close 4, ALL have the exactly the same notation, depicted on the screen, with the top note as lead, then harmony notes 1 down to 3. Each type, 4 Way Close 1 to 4 Way Close 4 , the notes all in same order. On listening to them (played single finger,) only 4 Way- Close 2, sounds slightly different. My question is why are the notes all shown the same in each section, yet to me, sound no different. Surely one would think they would be spaced or similar, as others in Keyboard Harmony are shown in different positions, not all the same. Thankyou.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Keyboard Harmony Type
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 01:32:32 PM »
Perhaps someone may be able to tell me the explanation of the notes in keyboard harmony. Referring to type, 4-Way-Close 1 thru to 4 -Way- Close 4, ALL have the exactly the same notation, depicted on the screen, with the top note as lead, then harmony notes 1 down to 3. Each type, 4 Way Close 1 to 4 Way Close 4 , the notes all in same order. On listening to them (played single finger,) only 4 Way- Close 2, sounds slightly different. My question is why are the notes all shown the same in each section, yet to me, sound no different. Surely one would think they would be spaced or similar, as others in Keyboard Harmony are shown in different positions, not all the same. Thankyou.

There are slight differences in the harmony which can’t be shown in a simple picture.

To find the difference, simply record a midi song where you play a C chord with every note from C to B (including the black keys). Then review the song files to see the differences.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ray

Re: Keyboard Harmony Type
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 08:02:31 PM »
Thank you very much Fred, I will do this, there must be a slight difference in sound. Regards, Ray.