Author Topic: Saving styles  (Read 826 times)

Offline Ab van Polanen

Saving styles
« on: January 04, 2023, 05:54:15 PM »
I have a problem. I downloaded a style from the internet and saved it on my usb stick. Loaded the file in the sx 700.
So far so good. Make some changes and saved the file in users on the sx 700 and also on the usb.
And put the song on the playlist. Also save the playlist.

When I disconnect the usb and try to load the style from the keyboard. Nothing happend. When I connect the usb again everything is oke.

Is it possible to load the style without connecting the usb. How to do.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 06:05:59 PM by Ab van Polanen »

Offline overover

Re: Saving styles
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 06:22:58 PM »
I have a problem. I downloaded a style from the internet and saved it on my usb stick. Loaded the file in the sx 700.
So far so good. Make some changes and saved the file in users on the sx 700 and also on the usb.
And put the song on the playlist. Also save the playlist.

When I disconnect the usb and try to load the style from the keyboard. Nothing happend. When I connect the usb again everything is oke.

Is it possible to load the style without connecting the usb. How to do.

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Ab van Polanen!

If, as you wrote, you have saved the changed style in the SX700's User drive, it must be possible to load this style file again from there, i.e. without the USB stick being connected.

To add a style to a Playlist, you must first have created a Registration with that style and saved the relevant Registration Bank as a file. This Registration Bank file and the relevant Playlist file must also be stored in the User drive if it should work without a connected USB stick later. And of course it must be ensured that the style was actually loaded from the User drive before creating the relevant registration.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 06:26:10 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 06:23:34 PM »
If you properly save the style in your user memory you should then be able to play it from there without the usb being connected. Does that happen?
If it does not you have not saved it properly so try again. If it does play but does not play when you select the song in your playlist, then I imagine that means you saved it in your playlist from your usb. So it keeps looking there for it. You need to make sure you are saving the song in your playlist with the style from the user memory.
Mike

Offline Ab van Polanen

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 08:48:52 PM »
Thnx for the reactions.

First I deleted the playlist and all the imported files.

Started all over again.

First download the file from the usb stick into expansion/user.
Disconnected the USB stick.
Modify the file and save into regist bank select with the + and - pushed at the same time.
Then add to the playlist.

Now it works. Thanks for the tips :)