Author Topic: Link Midi File to a Genos Registration.  (Read 2643 times)

Offline IanG

Link Midi File to a Genos Registration.
« on: January 03, 2023, 04:04:21 PM »
Hello everyone. This is my first post so please forgive me if I appear to be stupid. I have a Genos and it is my pride and joy although I cannot play it at all well. I have discovered step recording and I can now as a novice record the left hand chords and concentrate on my right hand and play songs I have always wanted to. What I cannot do or find out is how to link the midi file to the registration for a song so that when I load the registration the midi file appears on the display as song B. There are demo playlist songs on Genos that do this and they refer you to the Genos manuals which I have read and have found nothing. I understand that the midi file and the registration have to have the same name and reside in the same place on my USB but I still fail.
Please help me

Ian G
England UK

Offline EileenL

Re: Link Midi File to a Genos Registration.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 05:26:40 PM »
You must make sure you have the Midi Song ticked in Memory. Then select your Registration bank and now select the midi song then save the button. Now resave the bank. It is best to make a folder on your User drive for your songs and make sure it dose not get moved or the registration will not find it. I would also save your registrations to User in a folder. Makes things easier to find.

The following users thanked this post: IanG

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 05:29:50 PM »
Hello everyone. This is my first post so please forgive me if I appear to be stupid. I have a Genos and it is my pride and joy although I cannot play it at all well. I have discovered step recording and I can now as a novice record the left hand chords and concentrate on my right hand and play songs I have always wanted to. What I cannot do or find out is how to link the midi file to the registration for a song so that when I load the registration the midi file appears on the display as song B. There are demo playlist songs on Genos that do this and they refer you to the Genos manuals which I have read and have found nothing.

1. Load your registration
2. Load your midi file into Song B
3. Press Memory>Ensure Midi Song is checked>Press the registration button you want memorized
4. Save the registration

I understand that the midi file and the registration have to have the same name and reside in the same place on my USB but I still fail.

This is not correct. Registrations and midi files can have any name, and can reside anywhere the keyboard can find them. The key is not to change or move any files that registrations refer to. As you might expect, if you change the name of a file, or move it, the registration can't find it. The simple solution is to re-memorize the registration. Sadly, this simple solution evades many people, leading to the erroneous advice you've been given.

And, while you're welcome to put files on a USB, you don't have to. The Genos User drive works well and is much simpler to use.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: IanG

Offline IanG

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 06:23:19 PM »
Big Thanks to Fred and Eileen, I now have 2 registrations with linked Midi Files. I will take your advice and store them in the User Drive.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 11:48:17 PM »
You are very welcome.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 12:50:46 AM »
Glad we could help,

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons