Author Topic: Hello everyone, just checking in!  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Disposable

Hello everyone, just checking in!
« on: January 03, 2023, 10:21:03 AM »
My name is William and I live in South Wales UK, I am really a computer buff, I build my own and repair and upgrade my laptops and desktops PC and MAC even a chrome book. Anyway always wanted to learn how to play a music keyboard and with that in mind I set out to buy a second hand model on eBay. Bought a Tyros 2 at auction for £380 in absolutely perfect condition with 2 minor faults a sticking data wheel and the "E" key on the display not working (I knew in advance that the Tyros 2 had these faults), anyway had to travel a fair way to collect it but it was worth the journey!
The Tyros 2 came complete with all speakers and dedicated stand plus carry bag a selection of video tutorials and software plus an 80 gig hard drive already installed, the only thing I had to buy was a gig of user ram.

But here is the interesting bit: The Tyros was owned by a really nice man who told me a little bit about it's history, apparently it had been Gigged in his band about 8 or 9 times before he upgraded to a Tyros 5. The Band in question was formed in the early 70s and is still performing all over UK and Europe today, the Band was fairly famous with a couple of No1 chart hits, and still has good support from fans today.

I have the former owners house address, telephone number and email address and his name is still displayed on the start up screen, I did not get permission to reveal his Bands name or his personal name, but the  knowledge I already have according to the Yamaha registered repair centre dealer who fixed the 2 problems on the keyboard would definitely increase it's value.
SO I am very happy with the purchase and look forward to learning to play it as I have no intention of ever selling it!
Tyros 2, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

I play the music, but the Cat plays the strings.

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hello everyone, just checking in!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 10:59:00 AM »
Hi William,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a "Supporting Member". I’m sure you'll learn a lot about your newly acquired Tyros 2 keyboard here on our forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there. The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend, Peter (XeeniX) and maintained by another good friend, Runner4Fun, which presently contains 108,813 song titles in 2,833 indexed books. This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the website’s resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a "Supporting Member" and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family. If you have any questions, then please just ask. Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 11:03:13 AM by Roger Brenizer »
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 03:52:18 PM »
Hello William. Welcome to the forum! So fun that your Tyros has a special story! I look forward to hear you play it! Greetings from Trondheim, Norway😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 07:02:57 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, William!

All the best from Germany,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)