Author Topic: YAMAHA GENOS using studio monito  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Noise

YAMAHA GENOS using studio monito
« on: December 29, 2022, 07:54:11 PM »
Hi,
      I'm wondering if I change or mix Studio Monitor, someting like KRK 5 Classic, with my ROAND KC-220 and my GNS-MS01, is the Sound will be much better ?

Need your help for my question !

Michel
                                                                               Quebec, CANADA

Offline mikf

Re: YAMAHA GENOS using studio monito
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 10:05:53 PM »
Don’t know why you would need both the Yamaha Genos speakers and a Roland keyboard amp. I would have thought they mono keyboard amp would add little. And whether powered studio monitors would be better than the Yamahas depends on which you buy, what size, make etc. At the end of the day it is a very personal choice. KRKs are very good, but so is what you already have.
Mike

Offline Noise

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 10:37:47 PM »
Thank you mikf pour your opinion.  Michel

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 12:07:30 AM »
Hello Michel. The Genos monitors are really good, and tha fact that the satelite speakers can be turned towards you when you play makes it easy to hear what you are playing. I never bothered with studio monitors. For editing your music you could instead use headphones. Speakers are always a matter of taste, I know people on this forum use studio monitors on thair keyboards and say that is much better. Just find out what works for you :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Noise

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 01:58:59 AM »
I thank you so much Toril.    Michel

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 04:01:22 AM »
When people say studio monitors give much better sound they are usually talking about comparison with the small built in monitors in the SX range and below, rather than the external speakers supplied from Yamaha for Genos.
Mike

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 06:56:38 AM »
I have a simple mix8 mixer and 2 pieces of EVE Audio SC207 and I don't need any additional bass.
Genos,  Roli Rise49

Offline Noise

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 01:15:42 PM »
Thank you Metsasarv.   Michel