Author Topic: Status for YEM?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline torben

Status for YEM?
« on: December 29, 2022, 03:33:53 PM »
Hi friends

what is the actual situation at this moment for installing new packs on the Genos? I mean: Is it still necessary to use YEM - and do I still need to worry of unintentionally erasing old packs with a new install? Or can I simply add the new pack on a USB without having to worry of any loss of old data?

I am sorry if this question has been covered by another thread but the number of threads at the moment is overwhelming. :'(

Happy New Year

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline Stijn

Re: Status for YEM?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 07:11:03 PM »
Hi Torben,

Yamaha recently updated YEM to version 2.9.0 (Mac & Windows).

You won't lose any of the previously installed items as long as you keep them ticked in YEM.
When you UNTICK selections these parts will not be installed or they will be removed from Genos if installed.

Some tips about exporting to the keyboard:

- Insert a USB stick (which was formatted on the keyboard!) and ..
- Click on the button ‘Save as Pack Install File’  (make sure the USB drive is selected, save it to the root of the USB)
- If there are already Packs installed on the keyboard, you can use the option Save As ‘Pack Quick Installation’ (*.cqi) but I prefer to always save as *.cpi  (= Pack installation File)
(it only takes a few minutes more to load into Genos - it happens that the quick option doesn't work, so you have to repeat the whole procedure)

Happy New Year,
Stijn

I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos